Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 04:32 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,616,987 times

Advertisements

Alright so for this post no gloom and doom, no I applied to x,y,z and they never call back. For this post let us put down our dream job, our ideal position. That if you where to be offered a job morrow, this is what, from who you want to hear.

My dream job(s)

1) Intern for Nickelodeon

2)Writer for Nickelodeon, Spongebob, Fairly Odd parents, perhaps a live action show etc... I just think TV writers must have an awsome job.

3) Quest designer, writer behind the video game/computer game lore. Think when you play World Of warcraft, when play Fable, Halo, God of War etc... the group of people who come up with the story, who write the character dialoge, the quest text- I want that job.

4) Something in entertainment, yes vauge as heck but bare with me. I don't want to be the center stage guy, the actor, the star, I'd prefer the background, part of the team that goes from "idea for movie to script to actually movie", something creative, the writer. It must be an amazing feeling to create something that so many people enjoy-I want that feeling.

Now before anyone ask "did you actually try for any of these did you apply to Nickelodeon etc...? the answer is yes I have and I did get a response back but I'd rather not get into it otherwise we go into gloom and doom mode lol...

So for this thread let me know your dream positions, before money and time became a factor, before " I am not good at math so I can never be ___". Before "Id like to study ___ but I can't afford it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,975,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeddude8 View Post
4) Something in entertainment, yes vauge as heck but bare with me.
I'm sorry, I'm unable to respond as I can't bear the thought of being bare with a complete stranger.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:21 PM

460 posts, read 1,143,628 times
STT Resident, don't be a bear :-)

Let's see: FBI Agent, Ann Rule's job :-), jury consultant, actor, someone that reads books and decides if they'll make a good movie...

Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,616,987 times
read book an decide if it would make a good moive, are those the producers?

Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,666,474 times
1. Chocolate taster.
2. Coach of a women volleyball team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment