Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM

428 posts, read 902,249 times

Advertisements

I know I updated people saying I got a job as a an accounting assistant.. I started today,and I was curious what had happened to the person before me. Since I interviewed for the position 6 weeks ago. So in casual conversation with the woman who is my lead she tells me the woman saw the ad for the part time position that has the same description, told somebody she was ill and going home and disappeared. Didnt even ask anybody about the part time position as how it relates to hers well mine now just up and left. Turns out they hiring a part time person that will have different duties as my job but in the same accounting department ...Soo thank you lady who wasnt too bright to ask questions as I needed a job apparently more than you. .. So far so good I just hate being new and playing polite and training with somebody whose been doing the job for years and thinks you should catch on super quick... Shes also some what abrasive and thought it was just me but nope I noticed how she interacted with others and shes the same to everyone....The other lady is more like me...

Anyways I had to share cause wow in this day age who just disapears over something so stupid but then again Im glad she did...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,721,608 times
Here's a thought...don't ask questions. Other than questions that are in regards to the position. Worry about yourself and not about who left the job or why they left the job.

It's really best when you start a new job to not discuss past employees, or talk about who dislikes who, discuss personal issues, etc.

The only questions you should be asking are in regards to the job, if you're not understanding something.

As the old saying goes "curiosity killed the cat".

Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 PM

428 posts, read 902,249 times
I was curious but hadnt planned on asking at all because I figured it was none of my business.. The other lady just came out and told me what had happened. All I said was wow and ok... I just was saying she should of asked questions unless she just didnt care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment