Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 PM

104 posts, read 342,236 times

Advertisements

I am going back to work after being on Short Term Disability with my old employer.

I was out of work for 4 months, after I had an accident at home. My first employer was looking to cut my hours but before that could take place I went out on disability because of the accident. This employer promised me a position with the company upon my recovery. However my boss who was the worse boss I ever had has left the company. If I was to return all my benefits would be restored including my disability.
I on the other hand figured that since this same company had threaten to cut my position hours by 16 hours then turned around and eliminated more hours for my same position for the new person that took my place, that I will not be returning.

Now that I am going to a new job but I still receive physical therapy is there anything I should notify my new employer about? My new job pays more in income and I will have disability insurance after my probationary period.

This is my first time dealing with Short Term Disability and I don't want to loose my new job and have nothing. Do I need to document my accident with the new employer? Do I give my new employer a copy of my doctor's note to return back to work with the new limitations that I will be facing?

For example I can't bend and lift anything, I may have to stand to stretch my legs some, and I may need a special chair to support my lower back. I believe that I noted on my application that I may need special equipment due to my disability to perform my job but I am not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment