Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,416,077 times

Advertisements

What conceptualises team working? If one works on a team were you are the one who continually puts forwards ideas, or nobody offers any assistance from time to time, or you are the one who has to baby and nurse other co-workers, does this make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,445,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
What conceptualises team working? If one works on a team were you are the one who continually puts forwards ideas, or nobody offers any assistance from time to time, or you are the one who has to baby and nurse other co-workers, does this make sense?
In the thread about your coworker, you claimed you were better. So, if you consider yourself the bright one, you should do the heavy lifting so nothing gets screwed up.

Right?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 PM

935 posts, read 2,419,352 times
It makes sense, but I've actually been in "teams" which supported and worked with one another. Sometimes I'm the leader and sometimes I'm one of the followers, but overall we got the job done and we mostly supported and worked well with one another. There are a couple of exceptions, but those who created the exceptions were normally in the camp of "my way or the highway". In that case, you either set the down with an unbiased mediator who can work the situation out, make them leader and blame them if it falls apart, or ignore them and let them complain.

However, I will say that more often than not the team leader should be able to motivate people to work together. It won't work all the time, but sometimes the problem can come from lack of leadership or too many leaders.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,416,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
In the thread about your coworker, you claimed you were better. So, if you consider yourself the bright one, you should do the heavy lifting so nothing gets screwed up.

Right?
why? it's not just me in the team.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM

26,328 posts, read 94,160,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
It does because for all that extra work, all that dedication, all that commitment to quality, all that unpaid overtime, all those evenings and weekends, you'll get the big fat 3% raises while they'll only get measly 2.5% raises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment