Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2010, 09:04 PM

40 posts, read 170,037 times

Advertisements

Me and my friend are unemployed and my friend was telling me for question #3 "Did you look for work", he marks YES
and for the question (right below it) "IF MARKED X, Please complete Sec B on the Back," he leaves it blank (doesn't put an 'X') and the back side is completely blank.

I've been told to fill out the back side with my job searches. My friend saids California EDD is too busy to process that information so its okay to leave the back side completely blank as long as you dont mark the X for "If Marked X" question. And if you do mark the X, you may get a letter or have issues.

is this true? For California people, do you fill out the back every time and not have problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 11:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoxnano View Post
Me and my friend are unemployed and my friend was telling me for question #3 "Did you look for work", he marks YES
and for the question (right below it) "IF MARKED X, Please complete Sec B on the Back," he leaves it blank (doesn't put an 'X') and the back side is completely blank.

I've been told to fill out the back side with my job searches. My friend saids California EDD is too busy to process that information so its okay to leave the back side completely blank as long as you dont mark the X for "If Marked X" question. And if you do mark the X, you may get a letter or have issues.

is this true? For California people, do you fill out the back every time and not have problems?
I used to collect UI in California and you are required to fill out the back portion detailing your job search activities IF the box on the first page has an "x" in it. You may wish to clarify but from my understanding, the UI will place an "X" in the box if they want to see the record of your job search activities. You do not have to mark that box. None of my claims had that box marked so I left the job search blank and never had any issues. Again, clarify this with UI.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:51 PM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
Sure seems if he did look for job and he is unemployed he can take the time to fill out the back, it's not like he is late for work and does not have the time.
Everyone may fall through the cracks but you may be the one who they randomly check and if it is not filled out pull your UI.. just a thought...

Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 PM

66 posts, read 220,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I used to collect UI in California and you are required to fill out the back portion detailing your job search activities IF the box on the first page has an "x" in it. You may wish to clarify but from my understanding, the UI will place an "X" in the box if they want to see the record of your job search activities. You do not have to mark that box. None of my claims had that box marked so I left the job search blank and never had any issues. Again, clarify this with UI.
Chatteress is correct. You only fill out the reverse side of the form if EDD puts an "X" in the box. You don't put the "X" there. I am currently receiving unemployment and I have yet to receive a form with an "X" in that box and I have never filled out anything on the back.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Correct. Only if THEY have marked the X in the box are you required to fill at the back.

Don't make CA EDD anymore difficult for yourself than need be.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:50 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
Sure seems if he did look for job and he is unemployed he can take the time to fill out the back, it's not like he is late for work and does not have the time.
Everyone may fall through the cracks but you may be the one who they randomly check and if it is not filled out pull your UI.. just a thought...
You're missing one point - you aren't supposed to fill out the back, unless THEY mark the 'X' for you. So even if they decided to pull your UI files, it would have no bearing on your benefits (as you followed the rules). No need to provide information they don't ask for, no matter how much extra time you have!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 16,986 times
You're only supposed to fill out the back if EDD has marked the "X"
You're never supposed to mark it yourself.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
To be on the safe side, I always write at least 1 place, but I don't think they have time to verify it because I may not have actually walked in person to apply. I usuaslly just applied online or maybe emailed a resume, which I consider applying.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
You're not required to fill out any job search information on the back. Every year EDD has a class for unemployed people to attend, and it's mandatory. If you don't attend, they cut off your benefits. The class is only a formality, and all they do is tell you about the benefits of using the career center for job searching.

They send you a letter as to when you have to attend, and on the back, you have to fill out a week's worth of job searches. The letter and job searches are turned in when you attend the class, and that's the end of it, unless you get a job. The class lasts about two hours, and all the handouts go in the trash at the end of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment