Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:57 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,061,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Stop worrying about what other people do? LOL, that's asking an awful lot of this particular poster.
It's wishful thinking....

Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,287,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
OKay besides being a rant about rude people, let's discuss ways to transform a sourpuss into whatever's the opposite

It is not your place to try to "transform" another adult. The only adult whose attitude and behavior you have a right to try to manipulate and control is you. You are not anyone else's keeper, you are not superior or better than anyone else, and if anything, you need to work on YOUR issues, namely the incessant compulsion to try to manipulate and control others to suit your liking to your advantage. The world doesn't work that way. I suggest that you get over it, because you will never succeed in controlling other people the way you want to.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:23 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,641,509 times
Honestly, if no one talked to me I'd be glad. I could get my work done and stay out of office drama.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:45 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,393,138 times
OP, who cares? she doesn't like you.

I'm often rude/dismissive of people I don't like, it's human nature.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:05 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,641,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post

I'm often rude/dismissive of people I don't like, it's human nature.
Exactly. I'm sure the OP doesn't like everybody, not everyone has to like her.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:07 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,393,138 times
Quote:
LexWest you don't get it do you? It's not about control. It's about doing the right thing. If everyone was polite to each other, you'd have no grievances, business would run more smoothly and the company could make more money focusing on business development instead of dealing with petty he said she said grievances that arise from everyday rudeness.
We don't live in a perfect world.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:22 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,855,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The point of being polite is to demonstrate that you're a gentleman. To reduce yourself to the level of rude people by treating them equally rudely simply shows that you have no social skills and are incapable of rising above a base level. It also shows the rude people that you've duly noted and reacted to their rudeness and the desired effect of irritating you has been achieved. By ignoring their rudeness you eliminate their satisfaction. Just do your job and stop fussing about coworkers' looks, comments and perceived or imagined hidden agendas.
Yup yup.

As a very wise man once said "Be kind to your enemies. Nothing drives them more insane."

Old 12-05-2010, 08:41 PM

924 posts, read 2,233,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Yeah well the manager went too far. To pretend someone's the invisible man even when they politely greet you is just arrogant.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:04 PM

924 posts, read 2,233,651 times
Oh yeah I forgot to mention something. At some point the guys and I challenged each other to get one of the tight lipped women to open up. She was chatty on the phone with her friends but never talked to anyone at work, except for one other woman - the one from the same country. Yeah, she's one of those. Sticks by "her people".
Anyway, one day I came up with an idea and that was to develop a contest. The objective was to get the woman to talk for at least 15 minutes in one shift, not all in one shot, but cumulatively. The winner would get a prize. Unfortunately little did I know that one of the guys in the contest was friends with the woman (apparently they talked now and then in the mornings when I wasn't around), so I think he told her about the competition and since then, she's even more silent. However the woman at work she hangs out with is very outgoing and she and I get along fine.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,775,114 times
Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention something. At some point the guys and I challenged each other to get one of the tight lipped women to open up. She was chatty on the phone with her friends but never talked to anyone at work, except for one other woman - the one from the same country. Yeah, she's one of those. Sticks by "her people".
Anyway, one day I came up with an idea and that was to develop a contest. The objective was to get the woman to talk for at least 15 minutes in one shift, not all in one shot, but cumulatively. The winner would get a prize. Unfortunately little did I know that one of the guys in the contest was friends with the woman (apparently they talked now and then in the mornings when I wasn't around), so I think he told her about the competition and since then, she's even more silent. However the woman at work she hangs out with is very outgoing and she and I get along fine.
How do you not get fired for being so annoying to everyone else there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment