Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:31 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,492,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
LMAO, you all are crazy. Seriously, turn this into a comedy sitcom
I've often thought that someone should make "C-D, The Movie". It would have a large cast and tell several stories and the main characters would be those that entertain or enlighten us the most. It would include VAW and TVSG of course. Supporting roles for STT Resident and annerk and many more!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,557,544 times
VAW is probably sulking right now. Poor thing.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:46 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,145,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
OKay besides being a rant about rude people, let's discuss ways to transform a sourpuss into whatever's the opposite
I don't believe you can change other people, but what you CAN do is not allow them to dictate YOUR moods. Just be yourself. If you ordinarily say hello to everyone, say it to them too. Just go about your business as you normally would with other people. Never react to these people. YOU are in control of your own feelings, emotions, moods, and responses.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I've often thought that someone should make "C-D, The Movie". It would have a large cast and tell several stories and the main characters would be those that entertain or enlighten us the most. It would include VAW and TVSG of course. Supporting roles for STT Resident and annerk and many more!
The groupies would all have to have some part!! It would be so much fun. Don't forget Avienne, Opyelie and several others....

Old 12-11-2010, 09:02 PM

924 posts, read 2,237,290 times
Yet again I was faced with rude behavior at the office. First of all, I arrive for my regular start time and am about to handle an email (ticket), when all of a sudden I notice that someone who's not part of my team answered it instead. So I go directly to her desk and she has her earphones in, so I say "hi Laura." (in a normal volume), to which she doesn't reply. Then I repeat it much louder and I guess it startled her. Good. She slowly removes her earphone. I go hey, I noticed you're handling my tickets, were you going to tell me about it? Then she replied all nonchalant, "Mary told me to" and put her earphone back in. Mary's a supervisor.
Well Mary was busy with someone else, so I approached Mary and ask her, "what's up with Laura handling my group's tickets?" Mary replied that she asked her to because of a backlog from my day off, "but now that you're here, she should stop."
So I replied, "Okay, great, but how about telling me in advance next time?" Sheesh....

Later on, suddenly 2 German colleagues start having this energetic debate about languages and translation stuff, the guy has this booming voice and was standing up too...projecting it across the room. The woman had this frantic tone, like it was a matter of life and death. Well guess what? Supervisor Mary once hinted how they were loud and said, "wow, you guys are really intense!" , to which the German guy replied, "yeah it's hardcore stuff!" . What are you talking about man?? Get a hold of yourself and calm down. Needless to say, these Germans interrupt my concentration every week with this amateur debate with such passion, it's like their life depends on it. The guy has this nervous tick too, swaying back and forth, saying he's all stressed. The dude needs to chill.
Now there's an example of rude people that have no consideration for others. I'll have to say something to nip it in the bud. By the way the German woman is also one the colleagues who only talks to "her people", but passes right by my desk without a word. I think she's trying to pee me off on purpose. Well I'll have to show her some manners.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,851,772 times
Quote:
Yet again I was faced with rude behavior at the office. First of all, I arrive for my regular start time and am about to handle an email (ticket), when all of a sudden I notice that someone who's not part of my team answered it instead. So I go directly to her desk and she has her earphones in, so I say "hi Laura." (in a normal volume), to which she doesn't reply. Then I repeat it much louder and I guess it startled her. Good. She slowly removes her earphone. I go hey, I noticed you're handling my tickets, were you going to tell me about it? Then she replied all nonchalant, "Mary told me to" and put her earphone back in. Mary's a supervisor.
Well Mary was busy with someone else, so I approached Mary and ask her, "what's up with Laura handling my group's tickets?" Mary replied that she asked her to because of a backlog from my day off, "but now that you're here, she should stop."
So I replied, "Okay, great, but how about telling me in advance next time?" Sheesh....

Later on, suddenly 2 German colleagues start having this energetic debate about languages and translation stuff, the guy has this booming voice and was standing up too...projecting it across the room. The woman had this frantic tone, like it was a matter of life and death. Well guess what? Supervisor Mary once hinted how they were loud and said, "wow, you guys are really intense!" , to which the German guy replied, "yeah it's hardcore stuff!" . What are you talking about man?? Get a hold of yourself and calm down. Needless to say, these Germans interrupt my concentration every week with this amateur debate with such passion, it's like their life depends on it. The guy has this nervous tick too, swaying back and forth, saying he's all stressed. The dude needs to chill.
Now there's an example of rude people that have no consideration for others. I'll have to say something to nip it in the bud. By the way the German woman is also one the colleagues who only talks to "her people", but passes right by my desk without a word. I think she's trying to pee me off on purpose. Well I'll have to show her some manners.
Sprechen Sie Deutsche VAW? Wunderbar!!

Old 12-12-2010, 02:55 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,293,087 times
Quote:
Seriously dude, are you out of your mind? Learning impaired? Tell you in advance? You weren't around, never are and there was a backlog of work on you....any wonder why people feel the way you do with as little regard you have toward your job and other employees.

When you aren't there other people have to pick up the slack and slop. And you're leaving a mighty big trail of it. You are making a mockery of their time and investment in their jobs. So, you finanlly decide to go to work on time one day - big whoop - you are unreliable.

Think also about Joan, single mother of 2 who can get her butt up in the morning, feed and clothe her children and herself, take them to daycare and school and be on time to work and you come sauntering in every single day like you're just visiting a country club. It's no wonder you think people are not polite and are rude to you. See the connection here - probably not - but you might want to think about it. These people have no respect for you.

I would also find it irritating in that so many people are out of work and losing their homes and would be more dilligent and value their job only to see you do what you are doing and pretty much crapping all over it.

I used to be a manager of 16 men. One decided to take matters into his own hands and try to do work on a Friday so he wouldn't have to work so much on Saturday once. It caused the phones to ring off the hook in customer service and he'd turned off his radio and wouldn't respond to me. He caused insurmountable stress to everyone in that office and to the customers. His little stunt also cost me and my department dearly money wise. He showed NO respect for his coworkers by doing that. Come that Saturday and we all had to work all he did was whine, crank and complain because he wanted to go someplace - well, we all did. I pulled him off of his route and told him that there will come a day when he's going to need the help of his fellow co-workers and they will leave him high and dry just like he was doing - he was gone that afternoon for good.

I also worked with sales reps and when we did acquisitions it was a guarantee we'd have to work a Saturday. One of them was perpetually late and no one wanted to be there including me, but they all had to give up their weekend and work...and look who's strolling in late as usual. He showed no respect for his co-worker's time and their sacrifices. Because he was late it set eveyone behind and they had to scramble to do more work so they could get out of there and enjoy what was left of their weekend. They could have left a lot earlier if it wasn't for this one person who felt HIS time was more valuable than theirs. Is this concrete enough for you? Because I have plenty more.

If I was your manager, between reading these last two threads, I'd have fired you a long time ago.

You really just don't get it. No one is being rude to you, they don't respect you and have work to do.

Quote:
Mary is a supervisor, addressed and handled it. Let her continue to handle it. You don't have to do their work like other people have to do yours. While distracting, talking loudly or passing your desk without speaking to you, is no where near the levels you, yourself are sitting on - you have absolutely NO ROOM to speak on the issue. You aren't there and don't even know what the hell is going on half the time.

You'll have to show her some manners - yeah, right. How about you just come to work, shut up and do your own job like you are suppose to for a few months or years and then come whining about people's manners. All this concentration on OTHER people to justify your own BS is just going to land you in more hot water. YOU are not in any position to judge anyone else's behavior as rude. You aren't there and you aren't a part of the 'team.' You are someone who doesn't care and other people have to do your work for you. Someone is going to end up teaching you a few manners real soon and I predict closer to the first of the year.

No one wants to deal with your petty nonesense.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,952,732 times
So I'm guessing you haven't yet filed that complaint with HR? What are you waiting for? Obviously this rudeness from all these people is severely affecting your ability to do your work and I can't begin to imagine why you aren't taking the action you've been talking about for days now.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:19 AM

994 posts, read 1,686,920 times
Next time they are leaving and doing their *bye* bit...start fist pumping as they leave.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:22 AM

58 posts, read 322,778 times
Quote:
There used to be a fairly high ranked colleague who was also one of the rudest most inconsiderate women in my office. She would yell in kitchen next my cubicle even though I closed the door now and then which was a clear hint that it was too noisy in there. Her voice was like she was in a bar thereby breaking my concentration. She also had a strange habit of walking right by my cubicle, look at me and keep going without a word. Now and then when I'd see her in the hall, I'd say hi but I was met with silence. But occasionally when someone visited her, she suddenly pretended to be nice and would said hi if she knew someone else was paying attention. One on one with me? Stone faced. Nowadays I don't say anything to her.
Some people hate their life. It doesn't mean that they don't like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment