Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 06:27 PM

752 posts, read 2,088,059 times

Advertisements

So I signed up after seeing an ad for this company that says they will pay me $5 to $75 per survey, but then to get started it says they want you to fill out a free credit report form online. Sounds fishy....My advice? Most of these survey companies sound fishy. The one that I stick with is Americ a Consumer Panel, and they are legit, don't make false promises of big bucks, you don't get paid much but your name is entered into a drawing for a chance to win cash prizes.
How to make money at home? I work part time for West at Home, which is a legit company, they are picking up somewhat in the hours department, now that summer is over...I would highly recommend West at Home but expect a lot more nighttime and weekend hours than you might want...Of course it does get busy around Christmas.
Does anybody actually fill out surveys online and get paid for it? Just curious...

Old 09-18-2010, 06:51 PM

29 posts, read 89,470 times
I've done surveys through surveysavvy.com and have gotten paid for them but it's nothing consistent and you have to qualify through a demographics questionaire prior to getting to the survey. I still get emails from them but never seem to qualify for their surveys any more.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 36,190 times
I've done several survey sites and gotten paid. One of the best however is Pinecone Research. They are very selective and so they only open their panel to new members at a certain time and you must find the sign up link or banner in order to join.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 31,140 times
I've gotten a $50 check from Vindale on two different occasions for the free STUDIES that I did. Most of the surveys require credit cards, but the STUDIES are absolutely free. They are pretty time consuming though.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:28 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,658,973 times
NEVER do a online credit check to achieve employment. I did that once and got scammed! I bet the others who did some work doing studies did not have to do a credit check. Did you find this "opportunity" through craigslist? That is how I got scammed. They say something like "we have gone through hundreds of resumes and yours fits with what we are looking for. Unfortunately, we have had problems with candidates that has forced us to ask for credit checks. Please click on the following free website". DON'T DO THE ONLINE CHECK! No employer ever asks for a credit check. They will do a background check for criminal activity and/or a drug test, but never will they have you do a credit check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment