Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 AM
JS1 JS1 started this thread

1,896 posts, read 6,766,685 times

Advertisements

No, that's called doing someone else's job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 AM

275 posts, read 743,206 times
"Yes" and "yes"(thank you, North Beach Person).

Well, at least nobody said "good boy". Yet.

For me it is just better be safe, than sorry. If I can help folks I worked with, I have no problem doing it. And it is pretty nice to hear from the place you left couple of years ago, that they would like to see you back.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 AM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
No, that's called doing someone else's job.
Wow, you seriously got what you deserve... I honestly hope that every job you apply to calls your old employer and they tell the prospective employer how lousy you are.

You have talked about how you sent nasty letters to your boss, went to HR because your feelings got hurt, stole, and now you say that if your work doesn't actually ask for something back that they aren't doing their job and you can keep it for yourself.

You don't deserve a paycheck, and like I said, if I knew your old employer I would not hesitate to email them and tell them about you. I would bet that you'd have a police officer asking about it, then a summons in a few weeks. People like you are the reason why employers need to watch their employees like hawks.

You're a thief and you brag about it... Pathetic.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
Wow, you seriously got what you deserve... I honestly hope that every job you apply to calls your old employer and they tell the prospective employer how lousy you are.

You have talked about how you sent nasty letters to your boss, went to HR because your feelings got hurt, stole, and now you say that if your work doesn't actually ask for something back that they aren't doing their job and you can keep it for yourself.

You don't deserve a paycheck, and like I said, if I knew your old employer I would not hesitate to email them and tell them about you. I would bet that you'd have a police officer asking about it, then a summons in a few weeks. People like you are the reason why employers need to watch their employees like hawks.

You're a thief and you brag about it... Pathetic.
go away, you're a troll

Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrier12 View Post
"Yes" and "yes"(thank you, North Beach Person).

Well, at least nobody said "good boy". Yet.

For me it is just better be safe, than sorry. If I can help folks I worked with, I have no problem doing it. And it is pretty nice to hear from the place you left couple of years ago, that they would like to see you back.
Yup, me too. I've always enjoyed talking to people at previous jobs after I quit or even if I got laid off, and that includes this last job. My co-workers were sorry to see me go (and jealous too!). The only person in the entire world in my whole life that I ever worked with who isn't going to call me to see what's up is... drum roll... BD, and good riddance to bad rubbish!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:23 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,507 times
LOL, It's funny that people are getting their panties in such a wad over the fact that an employee would take a pen, pencil, or some post-its home from the office. They should be fired for that? Give me a break.

I've never done this, I work primarily from home and bought a full set of supplies from Office Depot. However, I have better things to do than going into the office and waiting by the file cabinets to try to catch someone taking a post-it.

At almost every place I've worked, I've seen people help themselves to pens, pencils, bottled waters, etc and nobody cares, it's just what happens. People from entry-level employees to C-Level executives do this. Nobody really cares.

What people should be focused on at work is long term profitability for the company in an ethical and safe way, building relationships with their coworkers, and providing a quality product or service. Not petty crap like this.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM

275 posts, read 743,206 times
SouthBound47,

I see valid points in JS1 comment. There SHOULD be a system in place, which would be able to work right on its own. In this case, people, who are responsible for IT security in JS1's company should follow SOP and as a result of it, JS1 or someone else in similar situation should not have ability to log in into the system. Whether they did it on purpose or not it is another question, but again, every part of the company should do it's job.

Unfortunately, today this approach was swithched with "let's do it cheapest way possible". As a result companies hire people, who do not even "know what they do not know"; people with more experience have to be paid more, so... they are looking for a job(like myself).

Latest example, BP. You would expect best professionals/equipment/safety procedures, right? What is it, 2 months and they STILL "trying" and "Exxon" said they are helping as well. Well...

Old 06-25-2010, 10:17 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
go away, you're a troll
Says the guy who brags about committing theft and then brags about being too honest...

Old 06-26-2010, 01:16 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
LOL, It's funny that people are getting their panties in such a wad over the fact that an employee would take a pen, pencil, or some post-its home from the office. They should be fired for that? Give me a break.

I've never done this, I work primarily from home and bought a full set of supplies from Office Depot. However, I have better things to do than going into the office and waiting by the file cabinets to try to catch someone taking a post-it.

At almost every place I've worked, I've seen people help themselves to pens, pencils, bottled waters, etc and nobody cares, it's just what happens. People from entry-level employees to C-Level executives do this. Nobody really cares.

What people should be focused on at work is long term profitability for the company in an ethical and safe way, building relationships with their coworkers, and providing a quality product or service. Not petty crap like this.
On the surface, this stuff seems petty and not worth getting uptight over but in reality, each petty theft costs the employer money. In the case of government employment, petty theft costs taxpayers money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment