Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 06:40 PM

3 posts, read 5,502 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My husband is considering a faculty position at UW Madison and we are trying to get a feel for what moving to Madison would be like. A bit about us - we are 30, both have PhDs, are a biracial couple, and are what would generically be called liberal in our political views. We like outdoor activities and being in nature, a variety of ethnic foods (Vietnamese, Indian, etc), cultural/arts/music events, and some low key night life (not clubbing but more like a nice relaxed bar kind of place). I grew up in New Mexico, went to college in Arizona, and have been in New England (Boston then Providence) for 10 years. My husband has lived in New England all his life. We would be moving from Providence, RI.

Are there any New England transplants that would be willing to share some of their opinions+experiences moving to Madison?

Also, I am wondering if someone can tell us about the winters compared to New England winters. According to the Wikipedia, Providence and Madison are in the same type of climate, though it looks like Madison gets colder in the winter but is cooler in summer by 5-10 degrees. How do they compare?

EDIT: Moderator/Admin could you please move this to the Madison forum? I see I accidentally posted it in the state wide forum and don't want to double post. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin