Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2006, 01:06 PM

32 posts, read 281,139 times

Advertisements

I would like info on the job situation between appleton and oshkosh. Appleton from what I seen is beautiful. I've yet to visit Oshkosh. I would appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 AM

46 posts, read 259,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disappointed
I would like info on the job situation between appleton and oshkosh. Appleton from what I seen is beautiful. I've yet to visit Oshkosh. I would appreciate any feedback.
The job climate in Appleton is much better than Oshkosh, unless you're a welder. Oshkosh Truck is doing great. The job climate is why Appleton scored much higher than Oshkosh in the Forbes magazine "Best Cities" report.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:37 AM

98 posts, read 341,907 times
Default Forbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'Goshboy
The job climate in Appleton is much better than Oshkosh, unless you're a welder. Oshkosh Truck is doing great. The job climate is why Appleton scored much higher than Oshkosh in the Forbes magazine "Best Cities" report.
You have to remember that this magazine does not target the every day person.
It is not going to tell you about the overall job situation.
It will tell you who is the main industry sometimes.
People can tell you about the job situation from their own experience.
The rest is a leap of faith.
I am looking at relocating close to appleton.
But I am also looking at the job market in the neighbouring states in case it does not work in Wisconsin.
The job situation is the only unanswered question of mine.
johnnybandfreak

Old 07-30-2006, 04:38 PM

32 posts, read 281,139 times
Thank you for your feedback.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:55 AM

6 posts, read 54,645 times
Appleton over Oshkosh. Oshkosh is a dump and college-town.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:57 AM
JMS

1 posts, read 3,744 times
We Have Lived In Appleton For 8 Years, Moved Here From Colorado, We Have Checked Out Oshkosh Too And, Well...........it Is Cheaper To Rent There But Depending What Kind Of Work You Are Looking For???? Appleton Is Nice Because To Live In, If You Find Work In Oshkosh Or Green Bay Or Right In Appleton (it Is More Central) A Much Cleaner City Too! :>)

Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 PM

15 posts, read 89,505 times
Question appleton

i've lived in oshkosh for 2 1/2 years and i'm now living in appleton and jobs dont come by like they used to. pay isnt that great either. appleton has more things to do. oshkosh is cheaper and dumpier.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 PM

8 posts, read 43,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyjovial View Post
Appleton over Oshkosh. Oshkosh is a dump and college-town.
Oh Jonny...so negative. You really only get out of a city , what you put into it. You sound as if you are waiting for the right opportunity to come knoking on your door. Well, it isnt going to happen. Go out and enjoy all that this city has to offer..or another city..home is where you hang your hat !..not where you find the most to do !...college town ?..yes, and ask anyone who relys on those " college kids " for their livly-hood how they feel...

Old 11-12-2006, 06:26 PM

4 posts, read 16,868 times
Live in Appleton and be centrally located for the Green Bay, Appleton AND Oshkosh job markets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin