Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 AM

25 posts, read 49,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh. I didn't know there was a specific way that rich landowners from Illinois talk. Or that nanannie was rich, or from Illinois for that matter. This place has been such an education for me.

She said she made a fortune (which is probably BS) Yes, there is a way that people with money talk. And then there is the way a troll with compensation issues talks. Naannie is the latter. Probably lives in Round Lake Beach.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,629,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls3285 View Post
The only issues are with your smug attitude. Nobody likes smug. I am judging you for who you are, at least how you act on this message board. Most people I have met from Illinois, or anywhere else, do not make the kind of generalizations you did....about Wisconsin people "making excuses since birth", "no successful Wisconsinites", and all the other garbage you spew.

Then you play the jealousy card? Land on Green Bay is not something to be jealous of...
My guess is that in person, you are weak and your BS about owning land would come across heavily steeped in horse apples. Just crawl back to the troll pit you came from.
You are confusing me with someone else, I NEVER said "making excuses since birth" or "no succesful Wisconsinties'. Never. Please re read and find out what poster you mean, it wasnt me. Please check.
And sorry, we lived there 18 years and indeed had a house and property as did my husbands family since they arrived from Sweden. Why does that make you so angry. We paid the taxes and took care of it. I dont get it.

Yes, my sin was throwing it in that we made a fortune and getting sucked in by the posts meant to cause a reaction,I should have just ignored it. I guess causing some anger was the intention from some of the posters,very few.I should have known better and not entered in.
We made money like a zillion other people in the USA, but it was heart breaking to sell.
My husband became ill and we had to sell, such is life. Your anger is misdirected if you think I spewed hate toward Wisconsin. Please find the poster who said what you quoted and let THEM have it.

Last edited by nanannie; 11-05-2009 at 09:36 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
You are confusing me with someone else, I NEVER said "making excuses since birth" or "no succesful Wisconsinties'. Never. Please re read and find out what poster you mean, it wasnt me. Please check.
And sorry, we lived there 18 years and indeed had a house and property as did my husbands family since they arrived from Sweden. Why does that make you so angry. We paid the taxes and took care of it. I dont get it.

Yes, my sin was throwing it in that we made a fortune and getting sucked in by the posts meant to cause a reaction,I should have just ignored it. I guess causing some anger was the intention from some of the posters,very few.I should have known better and not entered in.
We made money like a zillion other people in the USA, but it was heart breaking to sell.
My husband became ill and we had to sell, such is life. Your anger is misdirected if you think I spewed hate toward Wisconsin. Please find the poster who said what you quoted and let THEM have it.

I am 100% sorry. I had you mistaken for tully, who posted this....

"The animosity is one-way. IL residents have no burning opinion about Wisconsoners one way or the other.
JMO, but this (one-way) animosity is thinly veiled excuse-making, for the Wisconsiners' paucity of accomplishment, fame, wealth, recognition/notoriety. (How many famous Wisconsoners can you think of?) Almost from birth, it serves as a readi-made vent for their frustrations. Think southern hatred of liberals, blacks, Federal gub'mint.. it's largely the same response. Demonization. But with added ingredient of 'inferiority complex"

A thousand pardons naannie. Under my wrongful assumption, I assumed you were an arrogant beeatch or white trash loser from Illinois. There is nothing wrong with you selling your property and making some loot. If I could take it all back I would. If I could send over a drink or a pick up your check at dinner, I would do that too.
Back to the original post by tully...there is absolutely somehting wrong with that. There is no jealousy or ready made vent. There is only animosity towards people who buy up land and then pretend they own an entire state. There are plenty of those folks.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Thank You!

Just looking over your posts, one could assume you are not a "Milwaukee guy". I am 100% Chicago. Just because I'm from there doesnt mean I need to share all of their attitudes like some cult. I'm sure you can relate. Anyway, I was mistaking naannie for tully and apologized. See post above.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:23 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,308,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls3285 View Post
Wisconsinites do drive "slow" but that's how they drive. We can't just continue to race through their state at 80, which is a typical speed for people with Illinois plates in both states.
I diagree. I live in Illinois and I do not drive 80- mph because it is illegal in Illinois. Every speeding ticket causes the cost of auto insurance to increase. Large metro areas have the same problem. It doesn't make any difference whether it is LA, SD, DFW, Phoenix, El Paso, OKC, Tulsa, KC, STL, Atlanta, Chicago, or NOLA. Tollway, Freeway, and Interstate traffic is very fast. When you mix it with illegal aliens who know nothing about fog, ice or snow it is a disaster.

The last one of those that I saw caused a 20 mile backup wherein three rigs flipped, two senior drivers died from heart attacks, tens of of minor injures, several million in damages, called out EMT, FD and PD from four states,. transported victims to six hospitals plus killed the driver's wife and their five children. The driver from old Mexico stopped in the middle of a Interstate and turned off his lights because he did not know how to drive in fog, and didn't have the good sense to pull onto the shoulder. If that wasn't bad enough it was at a busy cloverleaf intersection. Emergency vehicles had to to back track several miles to access the Interstate to get to the accident scene. In the meantime bikers and trucker were on the ground trying to free trapped victims and calm the hysterical. Eighteen hours later the cops and wreckers and city creww were still trying to clean up the mess, flush the blood and spilled chemicals from the rigs. Traffic was still moving 35-mph in the only open lane, The driver was treated and when to jail after he was released. He has to re-live the horror of destroying his family for the rest of his life.

This is why I do not speed in any state and why I do not tailgate at any speed at any time. The touble with frequently driving at 80 is that 65 it feels like 35.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 AM

4 posts, read 8,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
ONE WORD: Jealously!

Were you saying Wisconsin residents are jealous of something? if so that's a hoot. It sounds like you are saying that people in Wisconsin are trapped here against their will. The great majority of people I know who live in Wisconsin LOVE living here. I look and see you are in Milwaukee. This figures. Milwaukeeans are often babbling about Chicago jealousy and inferiority complexes like little kids, but rarely have the first hand experience with buyers or sellers from Illinois or Wisconsin.
Being a private real estate agent I deal with far more people who are relocating within the state than are leaving. They have no desire to live in Chicago, New York, or LA and do not consider those people "like royalty" as you say. From my experience, when Wisconsinites leave, they leave the midwest.

Last edited by Northwoods Landmogul; 11-05-2009 at 12:00 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 8,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I diagree. I live in Illinois and I do not drive 80- mph because it is illegal in Illinois. Every speeding ticket causes the cost of auto insurance to increase. Large metro areas have the same problem. It doesn't make any difference whether it is LA, SD, DFW, Phoenix, El Paso, OKC, Tulsa, KC, STL, Atlanta, Chicago, or NOLA. Tollway, Freeway, and Interstate traffic is very fast. When you mix it with illegal aliens who know nothing about fog, ice or snow it is a disaster.

The last one of those that I saw caused a 20 mile backup wherein three rigs flipped, two senior drivers died from heart attacks, tens of of minor injures, several million in damages, called out EMT, FD and PD from four states,. transported victims to six hospitals plus killed the driver's wife and their five children. The driver from old Mexico stopped in the middle of a Interstate and turned off his lights because he did not know how to drive in fog, and didn't have the good sense to pull onto the shoulder. If that wasn't bad enough it was at a busy cloverleaf intersection. Emergency vehicles had to to back track several miles to access the Interstate to get to the accident scene. In the meantime bikers and trucker were on the ground trying to free trapped victims and calm the hysterical. Eighteen hours later the cops and wreckers and city creww were still trying to clean up the mess, flush the blood and spilled chemicals from the rigs. Traffic was still moving 35-mph in the only open lane, The driver was treated and when to jail after he was released. He has to re-live the horror of destroying his family for the rest of his life.

This is why I do not speed in any state and why I do not tailgate at any speed at any time. The touble with frequently driving at 80 is that 65 it feels like 35.

Thank you for being so gracious and respectful while driving our roads, which we do not charge you for....yet. But that aside, yes there are clearly many Illinois and Wisconsin drivers who have lead feet. I will come right out and say though, Illinois drivers are a bit more reckless maybe due to the type of environment they are use to. Does that mean there are no Wisconsin hellions? No. Wisconsin residents up near Appleton drive insane too IMO. But let's do a social experiment. Let's get a speed gun and clock all the obvious speeders along I 94 coming across the state line. It's clearly "off to the races" time for those with Illinois plates. Both Illinois and WI drivers think they own the passing lane. Illinois drivers like to hang out there at about 70-85. Wisconsin drivers like to drive slower there and sometimes use that lane for what it is meant, which is to pass someone in the middle lane, then get back over. I wish more Illinois drivers were like yourself. I think that Wisconsin drivers would be far more courtious if Illinois drivers did not think tailgating is a sport.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:18 PM

5 posts, read 8,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I so agree with the other poster who said JEALOUSY !
I married a man from Wisconsin,we had a home there for 18 yrs,have family there still. I live in Illinois now. It seems that some could care less about Illinois , and some have their knickers in a bunch because of the hands that feed them-inferiority complex perhaps?

Explain please what you mean by "hands that feed them." How is that?

Old 11-05-2009, 01:20 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,308,235 times
Northwoods, I driven in WI many time. I like Door County and the area around Cecil very much. I never had any particular trouble driving in Wisonsin, nor did I meet any rude people, but I did spend a fair amount of money in your state. Wisconsin has awesome dried cherries, and a fertilizer that is the absolutely the best I ever found.

Illinois drivers who live south of I-80 are not usually speedy, rude, impatient drivers because most of us do not live in a area where residents are packed like sardines in a can. We have all the personal space and quiet nights that we want. We do not live in constant noise, bright lights and sirens. It does make a difference because we don't have that type of stress although the have the same economic issues. I've probably driven 200,000 miles infraction free except for one speeding ticket 30 years ago. I think 1/50 is a good record, but 0/50 is even better. The truth is 15mpn faster really doesn't gain that much in extra time to do something else. It seems that way. Just as a driver accustomed to driving 80-mph thinks 65 feels like 35. It is about perception and visual senses and constant attention to the highway and surroundings. .

Old 11-05-2009, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 8,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Just as a driver accustomed to driving 80-mph thinks 65 feels like 35. It is about perception and visual senses and constant attention to the highway and surroundings. .

Well here is my 2 cent. I agree-all that's true but those people tail gating at that speed are nuts! Good way to get someone killed in fact it has. Those speeders wherever they are from need to stop making excuses for dangerous driving. Being a tourist here does not give the right ot put peoples life at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin