Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:34 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,295,062 times

Advertisements

In a couple weeks we will be going on VACA in MI starting in South Haven...going up the coast crossing over the Mackinac bridge driving to the UP to Whitefish point then heading West into WI.

Were coming down the 41 into WI at Menominee/Marinette down thru Green Bay continuing down the 41 to Oshgosh.
Not sure if we'll drive into Milwaukee or drive to Madison then continuing south into IL & continuing South on our way home.

What can you tell me about this drive ? Is there anything interesting to stop & see. No doubt we'll be short on time, so our stops will have to be limited.

!) I LOVE rocks & beach glass. Along the coast are there many places to stop & collect some nice rocks that the beach is easy to access ?

2) Are there many farmers markets or roadside produce stands to stop at ?
(What would be in season as for as fruits/veggies)

3) Is there anything special about Oshgosh & Lake Winnebago...meaning any nice rocks by the laske ??
Any fun shopping ???

4) This will sound silly to some of you, but we LOVE...LOVE...LOVE Holstein cows. So much so, it wouldn't be anything to stop & take pictures of them. I'm assuming WI would have a lot of Holsteins... correct ???
I would LOVE to buy some Holstein items... where do you suggest we could stop ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

I had no idea we were going to take this route on our way back, so I didn't get in contact with WI vacation guide.

Any help would be very appreciated, especially answering all my ?'s above.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM

hey... can anyone in Wisconsin give me any advice on this ???????????????????????????????

Old 07-21-2011, 01:13 PM

I have never been on a thread where I couldn't get a response.

Are all the Wisconsin people like this ???

Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,912,408 times
We're all exhausted from the heat.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM

49 posts, read 85,463 times
Well, I live in the northern part of the state (now) so I don't know how much help I'll be, but... here goes!

1) I used to live in Manitowoc- which is right on Lake Michigan. However- I haven't been there in a while so I don't know how much beach glass you might find? Rocks will probably be plentiful, I'm guessing?

2) As far as farmer's markets, I have seen lettuce, mushrooms, honey, onions, peas, beans, kohlrabi, cukes, radishes, tomatoes, maple syrup, eggs & POSSIBLY zucchini. These are in northern part of state (Rhinelander on Sat., Tomahawk on Tues. & Thurs.) I assume there they would have similar produce? Probably sweet corn, too!

3) Haven't been to Oshkosh area for a while- so not sure about the shopping. Usually rocks are good by the great lakes. (Michigan, Superior, etc.)

4) Holsteins cows seemed more prevalent in the (central) Manitowoc/Sheboygan area (than up here). We have more trees and lakes. Although some places- even gas stations might sell Holstein souvenirs?

Good luck. Hope that helps a little?
BTW- not all Wisc people are "like this."

Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 AM

MellieGoo...

Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it very much.

I just don't understand why more people in Wisconsin won't help.
I've gotten so much great info from so many people in Michigan. They have been a great help traveling their state. They have really helped me out.
Colorado & New Mexico we traveled to in May and all of those people have been a great help as well.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,672,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
MellieGoo...

I've gotten so much great info from so many people in Michigan. They have been a great help traveling their state. They have really helped me out.
Colorado & New Mexico we traveled to in May and all of those people have been a great help as well.
If you want more responses you'll need to add a few extra words in your question, like this...

Does anyone know (teachers suck) the best places to go when I come (Walker's a moron) through WI, and what routes I should take during my visit (unions are awesome)?

Old 07-22-2011, 12:48 PM

711 posts, read 1,696,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
If you want more responses you'll need to add a few extra words in your question, like this...

Does anyone know (teachers suck) the best places to go when I come (Walker's a moron) through WI, and what routes I should take during my visit (unions are awesome)?
And what state are you from? Go find another thread to troll.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 PM

49 posts, read 85,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
MellieGoo...

Awww, you're welcome. Thanks for the friend request!
I try to answer when I can, but it seems there are more questions about the southern part of the state- that I don't know that much about.
Glad you have found some other helpful people from other states, too. Do you know anything about Washington (state) by chance?

Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post

Why don't you try READING the very first post in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin