Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 11:46 AM

15 posts, read 21,529 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I just packed up all my stuff and drove all the way up here. Got myself a job yesterday and I start monday..going to be living in a man camp, I believe. Well, I'd like to start looking for people who are like me to make the relocation transition a lot less difficult..I'll talk a bit about myself: I'm 25, college graduate from BU, love to play computer games and watch movies, smoke hookah, etc. Anyone out there like me? PM me or somethin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 12:31 PM

89 posts, read 167,158 times
congrats bro,

Old 11-26-2011, 01:05 PM

Thanks

Old 11-26-2011, 01:43 PM

10 posts, read 17,766 times
Im thinking about going up there. Im 20 and work retail right now making about 8 dollars an hour. How hard was it for you to get a job? I don't have any experience at all in the oil field.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:53 PM

I got a job pretty easily. I'm not actually working in the oil field, though, but rather in an office of an energy/trucking company

Old 11-26-2011, 02:09 PM

192 posts, read 497,376 times
Care to share anymore details?

How did you find the job? (internet, sidewalk pounding, contacts???)

How long were you there before hire?

Where at? Williston?

CONGRATS TO YOU.

Please post details on the camp and life in General there.

~G

Old 11-26-2011, 02:21 PM

I haven't moved into the man camp yet. I've still got a hotel room until Monday. I'll report back monday evening on that. The job I'm going to be doing is basically reconciling receipts with tickets for a growing company. I got the job through SOS Staffing. The woman there sent in my resume on Wednesday (I arrived tuesday) and i got a call back on thursday evening, and an interview on Friday. And yep, Williston. About life so far, I'm actually having a difficult time adjusting. I haven't started work yet, so I don't have a routine and I have no friends as of yet either. I came up here on my own and it's been very stressful. I'm hoping settling in and getting like-minded friends will make this all easier to bare

Old 11-26-2011, 03:28 PM

746 posts, read 1,729,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBennyb View Post
Hey everyone, I just packed up all my stuff and drove all the way up here. Got myself a job yesterday and I start monday..going to be living in a man camp, I believe. Well, I'd like to start looking for people who are like me to make the relocation transition a lot less difficult..I'll talk a bit about myself: I'm 25, college graduate from BU, love to play computer games and watch movies, smoke hookah, etc. Anyone out there like me? PM me or somethin
BU

Boston U

or

Baylor U

or something else?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:39 PM

boston u

Old 11-26-2011, 03:50 PM

746 posts, read 1,729,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBennyb View Post
boston u
If you follow college hockey, plenty of people would converse on that subject.

Moving and starting a new job would be stressful for anyone. One of the problems with Williston is that not only is housing in extreme short supply, but also social outlets (restaurants, bars) are packed or not yet built. Your social life will be a lot different than Boston. Be open minded to what other activities you can participate in off the job.

Doubt there are any hookah bars in Williston and probably not Minot. Fargo, Grand Forks, and maybe Bismarck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston