Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:33 PM

9 posts, read 25,629 times

Advertisements

Any input on "The Farm at Bradshaw Lane" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 PM

170 posts, read 571,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminusls View Post
The subdivision was in Beaverdam (between Clyde and Canton), but it doesn't appear that they have the lots on the market. There are two 1 acre lots in the back that might be of interest to you if they are. If you want more info on those I can make a call and find out if they are on the market....my contact info is on my website....Terminus Land Surveying, PLLC .
My in laws live in Beaverdam and love it. They are on the side of a mountain.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:45 PM

121 posts, read 278,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactout View Post
Any input on "The Farm at Bradshaw Lane" ?
I've never heard of it and can not find in MLS. Where is that located????

Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 PM

40 posts, read 240,690 times
I've been scoping the area out to. I rent a place in Waynesville area, and am probably fixing to move there. I work in the direct Asheville area, so you can figure about 45 min. to work. I'm going to tell you that I kind of have an eye on an area that is off of Ext. 24 there on interstate 40. It's the road that is 209, when you head north from interstate 40. I took that one time during the daylight, and let me tell you, there was lots of nice property along there. A good bit of plots for sell to. It'd be nice if I could find something else to rent in the Waynesville area right now, because currently it's second floor, and I still don't think I want to buy anything because of the economy, and I would like to make sure I have a good idea about what area I really want to focus in on. Just some input from me.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:05 AM

CJCWorld, that area is called Clyde and back a couple of years ago it was definitely the high rent district and properties were quite pricey. Have not looked lately to see how much they have been affected.
Brian

Old 01-31-2010, 11:37 AM

73 posts, read 277,209 times
Sactout, send me a private message. We built a home outside Waynesville last year. It is about 30 minutes from Asheville, maybe 5 miles or so south of Main St in Waynesville.

For $125, you can get a lot of house in that market. I always have to figure it out, but the company that built our house was in that range. That included a 2 car garage and a full, unfinished basement under a 3 BR 2.5 bath house with some really big porch areas. We have wood floors, granite in the kitchen and baths, etc. My wife and I are pretty particular and we are pleased with the workmanship.

If you buy a lot, 2 complete unknowns can be site work and a well. Both of those items were well outside of our estimates, but still part of the kind of price range you're talking about.

It is a beautiful area with really nice people.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM

Hi Brian, the "Farm at Bradshaw Lane" is in Candler. I've only seen it on line and honestly only know what's found on their website. Looks like they have one pretty big house and one reasonably sized one for sale in there now. I've spoken to my mortgage guy and from what he tells me it's a bit tricky to buy a lot then build with a VA loan. So I'm not too sure which direction we're headed in from the build v. buy standpoint.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactout View Post
Hi Brian, the "Farm at Bradshaw Lane" is in Candler. I've only seen it on line and honestly only know what's found on their website. Looks like they have one pretty big house and one reasonably sized one for sale in there now. I've spoken to my mortgage guy and from what he tells me it's a bit tricky to buy a lot then build with a VA loan. So I'm not too sure which direction we're headed in from the build v. buy standpoint.
Sactout,
There are some builders out there right now, my company included, who would secure the construction loan and already own the land, which would allow you to essentially buy a home and lot package in the eyes of your lender, because you are correct. There is not a lender out there right now who wants to loan on just land.... They really got burned on land the past couple of years. This option might limit some of your selection as far as location, but it might be an option if you are really wanting to custom build.
Brian

Old 02-23-2010, 02:33 PM
RVT

367 posts, read 772,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCWorld View Post
I've been scoping the area out to. I rent a place in Waynesville area, and am probably fixing to move there. I work in the direct Asheville area, so you can figure about 45 min. to work. I'm going to tell you that I kind of have an eye on an area that is off of Ext. 24 there on interstate 40. It's the road that is 209, when you head north from interstate 40. I took that one time during the daylight, and let me tell you, there was lots of nice property along there. A good bit of plots for sell to. It'd be nice if I could find something else to rent in the Waynesville area right now, because currently it's second floor, and I still don't think I want to buy anything because of the economy, and I would like to make sure I have a good idea about what area I really want to focus in on. Just some input from me.

That area is NOT Clyde as another poster said. It is the Crabtree / Ironduff area. Clyde is 4 miles away off exit 27. There is indeed a lot of property in that area, and I have a good friend that lives just north of exit 24.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:29 PM

Yay! We sold our house here in Columbia today and will be headed to Asheville/Waynesville this weekend to look at homes. Thanks for your input guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina