Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 09:43 AM

758 posts, read 2,287,839 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone!

I'd like to start a prayer chain for GuyFriendly, Loves mountains, and all those others on this forum who have wanted to move to WNC with all their hearts but, for whatever reason, have been unable to sell their houses. Many from New England and Florida come to mind, a suffering lady in L.A.--so many who have shared their anxiety and their hope for a better life.

Let us hold them in our hearts and pray for their steadfast purpose, clear thinking, wisdom, patience, unwavering faith, and constant hope in these stressful and discouraging economic times.

Touch them, Father, let them feel Your love and guidance, and let them know that they have friends here already, on this forum, many of whom have walked in their shoes and understand. Amen.

Love to all of you in this beautiful season. We wish you a new year that bears the fruit of your dreams!

Jan & Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 10:36 AM

652 posts, read 2,265,116 times
Hey Jan'n Bill...well we just had an engineers report done on our house yesterday and waiting to see what the buyers have to say about it now....the big but is...the engineer was here for well over FIVE hours non stop writing and snapping photos...ugh. Kinda over zealous imo. Over FIVE hours??WOW
I reckon a c:1680 could do that but still...it HAS been here over 326 years plus all I'd done to restore it. Oh well.
I don't see any fat ladies singing yet so......I'll hold my breath...lol

Old 12-06-2009, 10:48 AM

756 posts, read 1,654,062 times
We are praying for everyone else and giving thanks for those who pray for us. BELIEVE!

Old 12-06-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuildz View Post
Hey Jan'n Bill...well we just had an engineers report done on our house yesterday and waiting to see what the buyers have to say about it now....the big but is...the engineer was here for well over FIVE hours non stop writing and snapping photos...ugh. Kinda over zealous imo. Over FIVE hours??WOW
I reckon a c:1680 could do that but still...it HAS been here over 326 years plus all I'd done to restore it. Oh well.
I don't see any fat ladies singing yet so......I'll hold my breath...lol
andybuildz, our San Diego house was "only" 50 years old and the inspector was there almost as long as yours was! He found every old hair on its head including a couple even we didn't know about. He even over-stretched, pointed out a window that didn't meet code. Well, it did when it was built, and that's all that matters in the law. We kept reminding ourselves that he was working for the guy paying him--not for us. He wasn't Public Enemy #1 but he wasn't our friend, either. We had to keep perspective.

Our emotions ran high and--yes--we did have to fork out some dough to have some repairs made ($14K comes to mind), but even then we and the buyers compromised. We did not meet all their demands and they (truth be told) never expected we would. In the end they bought the house, and we all lived happily ever after. This, too, will pass, andybuidz.....

Jan

Old 12-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFriendly View Post
We are praying for everyone else and giving thanks for those who pray for us. BELIEVE!
And if anyone needs reinforcements, watch the Disney Channel and the Hallmark Channel these days. Hallmark is showing continuous Christmas movies from noon to 9:00 PM (I think it is). These are for kids of all ages who BELIEVE, or wish they could, or who "need to separate what matters from what doesn't, and not confuse the two," as last evening's movie reminded us.

Jan

Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 PM

492 posts, read 406,159 times
Thank you, Jan and Bill.

I'm one of "those others on this forum who have wanted to move to WNC with all their hearts" for whom you sent the prayer.

From your fingers to God's eyes...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:55 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Oh that was beautiful!!! I am another one who longs to live there. I may live in Houston, but my heart lives in NC!!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 AM

21 posts, read 47,163 times
Default Thanks

This is my first post but have been following this forum and Jan & Bill's personal journey for some time. Thank you for your encouragement, prayer and positive attitude. We plan to list our home in May with a move to Asheville to follow if we are lucky enough to be able to sell.Our 20 something year old son has already been there for 4 years. We miss him so and have come to love Asheville . It reminds us of the area in southern Vermont in which we now live but has a larger and more diverse population, more to do, lovely milder weather but the same core of wonderful real people ,who like us, seem to be seeking community,harmony with and conservation of the natural world and conscious living.

So I add my prayers to your own for GuyFriendly and all who seek.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Here's praying all of you find your way home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina