Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 11:23 AM

267 posts, read 807,186 times

Advertisements

As my family and I are going to be visiting the Blue Ridge Parkway between the 10/11 and 10/21, I've of course been interested in finding all the information I can regarding the leaf color change. While searching, I came up with a few things that might interest others who are coming, or some who just might want to keep up with this season. Here we go...

My favorite so far, is these next two links. They are web cams for different areas, and some nice foliage can be seen already. Hope you enjoy!

Live Weather Cams

Great Smoky Mountains - Purchase Knob Web Cam - HighCountryWebCams.com

The next links are the few places I've been watching for up to date reports...

VisitNC.com (http://www.visitnc.com/fallcolor/fallcolor_report.asp - broken link) (Updated every Wednesday)

North Carolina Fall Foliage, Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Directions, Maps, Webcams (couple of links on this page to follow for information)

Asheville Fall Foliage Color Leaf Report, Blue Ridge Parkway

About.com: http://www.exploreasheville.com/what-to-do/seasonal-fun/fall-color-in-the-asheville-area/index.aspx

Fall Foliage maps and photos by The Weather Channel

I'm sure there are many more. If you have one to add, please do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 AM

451 posts, read 1,566,507 times
Also, Ray's Weather Center, the professor from Appalachian University that gives us our weather the best. Great cams, and photos.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:47 AM

11 posts, read 26,433 times
Default Thanks from FL

Thanks for the links! We'll be visiting WNC in a few weeks. Can't wait to get out of the S Florida heat!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmom View Post
Thanks for the links! We'll be visiting WNC in a few weeks. Can't wait to get out of the S Florida heat!
That's exactly how we feel, getting to leave this heat in SW Florida. Can't wait!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 PM

607 posts, read 1,404,199 times
Thank you!

We are renting a cabin in Blowing Rock Oct. 16-19th for a liong weekend. I hope the weather stays crisp so that the leaves will be closer to peak when we are there.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
Thank you!

We are renting a cabin in Blowing Rock Oct. 16-19th for a liong weekend. I hope the weather stays crisp so that the leaves will be closer to peak when we are there.
Yeah, we'll still be in the area then too. I think we'll probably only see peak at the very highest of elevations, but I'm sure there will be plenty of color to see. Good luck, and have a great time!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:57 PM

607 posts, read 1,404,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellobiafra View Post
Yeah, we'll still be in the area then too. I think we'll probably only see peak at the very highest of elevations, but I'm sure there will be plenty of color to see. Good luck, and have a great time!
Hope you have fun as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina