Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times

Advertisements

We have finally arrived in Hudson. We came to our new home tues and our three dogs have adjusted well as of today. They also feel that this is our home. The movers will bring our furniture Sunday only two days more then they promised. The home is perfect and the people are so friendly. We also on the day we were moving got an offer on our home in fL but they have untill monday to get a mortgage so we still are showing our home. Showings have really stepped up 6 this week so far but I really hope the contract we just got goes through. One less worry. Really need some sleep but I had to post our arrival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 08:45 PM

Default forgot to add

I can really relate now to the Parkies.lol

Old 02-28-2008, 09:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I can really relate now to the Parkies.lol
WOO HOO! Well, welcome home! So glad you arrived safely - is there snow on the ground there?

Old 02-29-2008, 12:40 AM

162 posts, read 633,567 times
Quote:
We have finally arrived in Hudson.
I've not been following your saga.
Where is Hudson?

Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
WOO HOO! Well, welcome home! So glad you arrived safely - is there snow on the ground there?
No snow on the ground here but my brother and sister in-law went up to Boone yesterday and said it really was snowing up there. He loves to ski and he went up to one of the slopes but the lines were to long so they came back here to help us.
We are going up there tonight with them to take them to the Peddlers for dinner as a thank you for helping us.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miokie View Post
I've not been following your saga.
Where is Hudson?
Hudson is the next town over from Lenoir.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 PM

374 posts, read 1,630,040 times
Default Still in South Florida!

Congratulations on your move We are still trying to sell our home in FL. No Luck yet!! we own a beautiful home Just South of Marion, NC. We just keep on Praying
Quote:
We have finally arrived in Hudson. We came to our new home tues and our three dogs have adjusted well as of today. They also feel that this is our home. The movers will bring our furniture Sunday only two days more then they promised. The home is perfect and the people are so friendly. We also on the day we were moving got an offer on our home in fL but they have untill monday to get a mortgage so we still are showing our home. Showings have really stepped up 6 this week so far but I really hope the contract we just got goes through. One less worry. Really need some sleep but I had to post our arrival.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:30 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,226,562 times
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I LOVE it here!!!! WHEEEEE!!!!!! I'm in Avery County and schools were closed for 2 days...lots of snow on the north facing mountains...just a dusting on the south! I remember when I moved to Fl 23 years ago and lived in Tamarac and people said ....UGGGH...too much rain....I didn't understand! The mountains are like Coral Springs and the ocean (don't hate me....Asheville Native)...the weather is very different in the SAME COUNTY!!!!! COOL BEANS! WELCOME!!!!!!!!! Annie

Old 02-29-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyb0077 View Post
Congratulations on your move We are still trying to sell our home in FL. No Luck yet!! we own a beautiful home Just South of Marion, NC. We just keep on Praying

It is just so hard in FL to sell and that has a lot to do with the high home insurance rates and also the sub prime lenders. I am just praying that this sale on the FL home goes through. Has your showings picked up? We had tried in the beginning open homes and no one came then we had two garage sales a few weeks ago and people that came for the garage sale contacted a realtor to see the home. If I had known that I would have had a garage sale every weekend until I got an offer from day one.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:13 AM

606 posts, read 1,979,738 times
Welcome from Happy Valley! I'm 1/2 way between Lenoir and Blowing Rock. Let me know if you need anything!

Tracey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina