Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,221 times

Advertisements

Fireholeriver- Love the name! We got married in Kelly, wy, & honeymooned in Yellowstone. I don't know what you are looking for school wise but be aware that in Asheville your only options are abtech or south college, both are only associates and neither are in downtown proper/walkable. I don't know your situation but I'd stay farrrrrrrr away from a for profit school(south college) and think you'd be better of pursuing a bsn at a nonprofit as some states are now considering bsn's as requirements. You'll be fine rent wise and if you like the outdoor offers of Bozeman, you will do fine in asheville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 04:15 AM

423 posts, read 899,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
Fireholeriver- Love the name! We got married in Kelly, wy, & honeymooned in Yellowstone. I don't know what you are looking for school wise but be aware that in Asheville your only options are abtech or south college, both are only associates and neither are in downtown proper/walkable. I don't know your situation but I'd stay farrrrrrrr away from a for profit school(south college) and think you'd be better of pursuing a bsn at a nonprofit as some states are now considering bsn's as requirements. You'll be fine rent wise and if you like the outdoor offers of Bozeman, you will do fine in asheville.
Western Carolina has an Accelerated BSN program in Asheville at Biltmore Park.
Western Carolina University - Accelerated BSN Option

Old 01-25-2014, 05:55 PM

21 posts, read 68,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireholeriver View Post
That being said, from my experience in Asheville there are some unfriendly people, but it is generally a safe and nice place.
You have found the people in Asheville NOT to be friendly? I have lived and traveled to many places all over the U.S. and the world and have found the people in Asheville to be quite friendly and welcoming ( I just moved here 5 months ago). Most people that I meet here LOVE living in the Asheville area and one of the reasons IS the people. Hopefully if you move here you will have some better experiences with people.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:38 AM

22 posts, read 56,586 times
Hi, I started a couple threads seeking info about Asheville area and in between Asheville and Triad region, won't repeat but was interested in Bilbono's comment on finding housing in Asheville for 110K. Still learning the use of tools as this is my first forum but would like to ask Bilbono to visit my threads and comment if possible. "Moving South, staying east..." put one in under NC and one under JC, TN. Trying to top at 100K and don't want to be in Asheville proper, prefer country but under 30 commute. Put alot of info on the thread that I'd love comments from someone who just went thru process - Thx - anyone else?

Old 01-27-2014, 12:17 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow1958 View Post
Thx - anyone else?
You can also send a Direct Message to Bilbono. Find one of his/her messages, then left click on the user ID. There will be a drop-down box with the option to "send a direct message".

Old 01-29-2014, 12:05 PM

47 posts, read 143,752 times
I live in South Asheviile. I have also lived in North and West Asheville. I moved to South because the school are better, ( I have kids) and the area is much better. I know Merrimon Ave and would be careful as to where in that area I would live. I could not stand west Asheville, alot of areas looked run down (for better choice of words). As for work. My boyfriend works 2 jobs, just to be able to make $38,000-39,000 a year and he works at Mission hospital and The Biltmore. There is a new apartment building on Merrimon Ave that is based on your income, but I would not move there because it is very congested, even where I live off of Hendersonville Rd has it's time where it is congested, but not as bad. There are some nice Apts around that you can get for under $1000 a month. Ascot Point is nice and they have the biggest floor plans in South Asheville. 2 bedroom, 2 bath, with a sunroom is from $840's-about $910. and I think it's a little over 1000 sqft. You also have the Weirbridge Village, they are new, built I think 2 years ago or less.

You have the Biltmore Church of Christ Biltmore Church of Christ - Bible Studies, Worship Service, Fellowship, Live Video Streaming Church Services - Asheville, NC. I don't go to church, but I love the look of Cathedral of All Souls All Souls Episcopal Cathedral in Biltmore Village, Asheville, North Carolina. There are a couple of nice ones downtown Asheville as well.

You GF may like working at the Biltmore of in the Biltmore Village are as I believe pay may better. I know as a server at Cedric's I had made $600-700 a week, my lowest pay was about $450. They do have retail shops at the Biltmore and you get 3 free tickets every 3 months that you can give to family or friends who visit. They are also start I think a clinc as well or something for health there. I could give you more info on this are if you wish, just let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina