Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:42 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times

Advertisements

Hey All, I was wondering if anybody knows of a good assisted living facility located in or around Asheville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 02:47 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,511,249 times
Givens Estates and Deerfield, both mega bucks. Baptist Home think is cheaper don't know much about it. We ended up in Hendersonville for my Mom Lake Point Landing she loved it. Friend's Mother is there now very happy. There are several others in Hendersonville area, more than Asheville. Also in Black Mountain Highlands I think is the name. Also one in Mars Hill can't recall name.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
Givens Estates and Deerfield, both mega bucks. Baptist Home think is cheaper don't know much about it. We ended up in Hendersonville for my Mom Lake Point Landing she loved it. Friend's Mother is there now very happy. There are several others in Hendersonville area, more than Asheville. Also in Black Mountain Highlands I think is the name. Also one in Mars Hill can't recall name.
Hi thanks for responding! My mom is in Florida and I would like to bring her closer to home. I googled the one in Black Mountain and it looked nice. I would like to get an idea as to how competitive the pricing is between these facilities. If you don't mind could I PM you for more details?

Old 12-28-2013, 03:42 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
I've visited folks at Lake Point Landing, and it is one of the best around. They have a selection of the type of apartments, free standing homes and duplexes, and apartment style living. Beautiful grounds and amenities. This is their website: Assisted Services Hendersonville NC, Independent Living Hendersonville NC, Retirement Community, Senior Living SC, South Carolina

Another nice place in Hendersonville is Carolina Village: Carolina Village Retirement Comunity in Hendersonville NC They also have various styles of homes and apartments. Carolina Village also has a rehab center on the premises, and it is very well regarded. Also a waiting list for citizens of Henderson County if they go there for private rehab as a referral from a local hospital. Residents of course take priority. (Joint replacements, etc. all the physical therapists there are excellent.)

I am not familiar with the facility in Black Mountain, however. But there is a lot more going on in Hendersonville for active seniors and volunteer opportunities, etc. for various interest groups.

Most of the time there is a waiting list for occupancy; I've sold homes for people in Hendersonville who relocated to both of these places and they are exceedingly happy with both. You could also check with the Council on Aging in either town for up to date information, or contact the facilities directly for brochures and so forth.

Best wishes.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I've visited folks at Lake Point Landing, and it is one of the best around. They have a selection of the type of apartments, free standing homes and duplexes, and apartment style living. Beautiful grounds and amenities. This is their website: Assisted Services Hendersonville NC, Independent Living Hendersonville NC, Retirement Community, Senior Living SC, South Carolina

Another nice place in Hendersonville is Carolina Village: Carolina Village Retirement Comunity in Hendersonville NC They also have various styles of homes and apartments. Carolina Village also has a rehab center on the premises, and it is very well regarded. Also a waiting list for citizens of Henderson County if they go there for private rehab as a referral from a local hospital. Residents of course take priority. (Joint replacements, etc. all the physical therapists there are excellent.)

I am not familiar with the facility in Black Mountain, however. But there is a lot more going on in Hendersonville for active seniors and volunteer opportunities, etc. for various interest groups.

Most of the time there is a waiting list for occupancy; I've sold homes for people in Hendersonville who relocated to both of these places and they are exceedingly happy with both. You could also check with the Council on Aging in either town for up to date information, or contact the facilities directly for brochures and so forth.

Best wishes.
Thanks Quilterchick! I went to the site and really like Lake Point Landing. Would you have an idea as to what there pricing is?

Old 12-28-2013, 04:52 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
Another rec'd:
Spring Arbor in Hendersonville...
My Fave Aunt, (really a 2nd Mother to me), was in this facility for 4+ years. It has single bedroom with sitting area, very good attentive help, and there was a cross section of elderly people there from just needing some attention to going the inevitable downhill slide.

Not sure about chronic/serious needs, however.

And, not idea of cost.
GL, mD

General Corp Site: Assisted Living, Senior Living Communities, VA, NC, Alzheimers Care
H'ville Link: http://springarborliving.com/locatio...onville-nc.htm

Old 12-28-2013, 06:57 PM

828 693 7800 is the phone for Lake Point Landing am sure prices have gone up since my Mom was there 5 years ago. She was in an independent living apt. 1 bedroom really nice with screened porch think it was around 1200 month. They now have an assisted living facility but I don't know cost. What impressed me most was the people who worked there so so nice, I can't say enough good about the staff. Hendersonville is a great town for older retired people, perfect place.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
828 693 7800 is the phone for Lake Point Landing am sure prices have gone up since my Mom was there 5 years ago. She was in an independent living apt. 1 bedroom really nice with screened porch think it was around 1200 month. They now have an assisted living facility but I don't know cost. What impressed me most was the people who worked there so so nice, I can't say enough good about the staff. Hendersonville is a great town for older retired people, perfect place.
Thanks so much. I am looking at places in Daytona Beach, where my mom lives, and they are crazy expensive. I wouldn't mind it if I was living there but I am relocating to Asheville and I would like to have my mom close by. If Lake Point Landing is half as nice as the pictures that might be the spot.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:24 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Thanks Quilterchick! I went to the site and really like Lake Point Landing. Would you have an idea as to what there pricing is?

Sorry, I don't know about the pricing, but I do know they have various levels of care and different sizes of the apartments; meal plans and so forth. Based on the cost of living differences between here and where your mother is, I would venture it must be less here.

As MDavid mentions, Spring Arbor is also excellent, and also in nice surroundings. Spring Arbor is in the lovely village of Laurel Park, near downtown Hendersonville. All three are less than 2 miles from downtown and less than a mile or so from the local hospital, Par Dee Hospital which is also part of the Mission Hospital system in Asheville. All of them have the vans that take residents on various outings, to the doctor's etc. If you are planning a trip to the area, call the facility(ies) and they will gladly give you a tour; they might discuss pricing over the phone as well.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:02 AM

Hope you can find something you like it is a process and took some looking to decide on Lake Point. My friend whose Mother is there now relocated from Florida and is happy. People from all over move there. My Mom's apt. was really bright and airy and she loved sitting on her porch watching the birds. Small kitchen perfect for breakfast, lunch, snacks. Dining room nice and food was excellent. I'm sure they will send you a packet of info. Also if your Mom is still ambulatory the lake is a lovely short walk, flowering trees in spring. As QC and Md said there are several nice places in the area to consider and town has cute restaurants and shops to take your Mom. Also good experience at Pardee and excellent Drs.for such a small town we were impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina