Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:48 AM

958 posts, read 2,633,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camathai View Post
Roadpony - spartanburg/greenville was second on my list. do they get enough snow to go sledding/build a snowman, etc? I appreciate any insight into neighborhoods/schools/etc there. Thanks!
I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area and lived in Asheville prior to that. Home prices are much more doable in the GSP area, but the area is quite judgmental and very conservative. That seems important to you, so keep it in mind when you're looking. We like it down here, but the political bent of the area gets on our nerves. We're by no means crazy liberals, but we feel like it sometimes compared to the norm down here. You wouldn't believe what I heard and had to put up with at work after the election.

Weatherwise, it does snow, but very infrequently. Two years ago we had a few inches on Christmas Eve, and then about six inches a week or so later, which was on the ground for a couple weeks as it was cold, but we have had no snow at all since then. Summers are nice in Asheville, but hot in the Upstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina