Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 07:02 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,837,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Fairmont and Clarksburg were known for having the best Italian food in WV. Oliveros is ok.
Irrefutable fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,097,286 times
I'm glad you like it. I like it too, especially Minards and it is my wife's favorite. But there are plenty of wonderful restaurants and what is great for one person is good for another and so forth.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:34 PM

6,138 posts, read 9,198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
And, there are a ton of high schools within an hour of Morgantown... far more than within an hour of Charleston. Just within West Virginia you have the Marion, Preston, Harrison, and Taylor county high schools. In Pennsylvania you have dozens of them reaching almost to the city of Pittsburgh itself.

And there are no suburbs in Charleston that compare with Cheat Lake, which has sections where the least expensive home is $2 million.

Just for fun, and you can't count schools in other states because that has nothing to do with WV high school sports.

University---AAA
Motown---AAA
Preston County---AAA
Grafton---AA
North Marion---AAA
East Fairmont---AAA
Fairmont---AAA
Shinston---AA
Liberty---AA
Robert C. Byrd---AAA
Bridgeport---AAA

And within 45 mins of Charleston

Capitol---AAA
George Washington---AAA
Herbert Hoover---AA (largest)
Sissonsville---AA
Saint Albans---AAA
Nitro---AAA
Riverside---AAA
South Charleston---AAA
Poca---AA
Hurricane---AAA
Winfield---AAA
Sherman---AA
Cabell Midland---AAA(2nd largest)
Buffalo---A

and within hour,

Roane County---AA
Clay county---AA
Ripley---AAA
Huntington---AAA
Scott---AA
Lincoln County---AAA
Valley---A

And Cheat lake is Morgantown's only suburb. There are much more expensive houses in the city of Charleston then in Cheat Lake, and I don't think 2 million is the cheapest you can find it. I agree with the original poster in that our suburbs are far better then your "suburb".

Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,904,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Just for fun, and you can't count schools in other states because that has nothing to do with WV high school sports.

University---AAA
Motown---AAA
Preston County---AAA
Grafton---AA
North Marion---AAA
East Fairmont---AAA
Fairmont---AAA
Shinston---AA
Liberty---AA
Robert C. Byrd---AAA
Bridgeport---AAA

And within 45 mins of Charleston

Capitol---AAA
George Washington---AAA
Herbert Hoover---AA (largest)
Sissonsville---AA
Saint Albans---AAA
Nitro---AAA
Riverside---AAA
South Charleston---AAA
Poca---AA
Hurricane---AAA
Winfield---AAA
Sherman---AA
Cabell Midland---AAA(2nd largest)
Buffalo---A

and within hour,

Roane County---AA
Clay county---AA
Ripley---AAA
Huntington---AAA
Scott---AA
Lincoln County---AAA
Valley---A

And Cheat lake is Morgantown's only suburb. There are much more expensive houses in the city of Charleston then in Cheat Lake, and I don't think 2 million is the cheapest you can find it. I agree with the original poster in that our suburbs are far better then your "suburb".
Morgantown has more suburbs than Cheat Lake...

Why dont we argue who has a better walmart or argue about what Cabelas is the best, oh wait you already have done that.

Chris you need to get over your envy of Morgantown. You know everyone was being civil about this subject coming back up and hoping it would turn into another of your, "Morgantown vs Charleston," threads. Stop trying to turn it into one. This forum has been civil for awhile do you really need to stir up all the anti-Morgantown sentiment?

Also, you need to learn to promote Charleston's advantages. One big advantage Charleston has over Morgantown is that it is cheaper. By bragging how expensive it is you are eliminating that.

Last edited by cry_havoc; 06-21-2012 at 07:09 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Why dont we argue who has a better walmart or argue about what Cabelas is the best, oh wait you already have done that.

Chris you need to get over your envy of Morgantown. You know everyone was being civil about this subject coming back up and hoping it would turn into another of your, "Morgantown vs Charleston," threads. Stop trying to turn it into one. This forum has been civil for awhile do you really need to stir up all the anti-Morgantown sentiment?

Also, you need to learn to promote Charleston's advantages. One big advantage Charleston has over Morgantown is that it is cheaper. By bragging how expensive it is you are eliminating that.
I'm just commenting on what CT said, which I have a right. You need to chill.

I didn't bring this thread back to life, somebody else did. This thread is Charleston vs Morgantown, if I want to compare and contrast the two then there is no better place!

Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I'm just commenting on what CT said, which I have a right. You need to chill.

I didn't bring this thread back to life, somebody else did. This thread is Charleston vs Morgantown, if I want to compare and contrast the two then there is no better place!
Go for it, but in the past you never liked the conclusions everyone reached.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Go for it, but in the past you never liked the conclusions everyone reached.

And you are any different

Old 06-22-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
And you are any different
Actually yes. I tend to like the outcome. I am trying not to hurt feelings anymore.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM

16,744 posts, read 15,783,697 times
Quote:

I rarely post here because some of the regulars are so unpleasant, but Chris deserves some help here. This IS a Charleston vs. Morgantown thread. Chris was responding to another poster. Why do you have to bully Chris?

Quote:
Actually yes. I tend to like the outcome. I am trying not to hurt feelings anymore.
How would we be able to tell?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I rarely post here because some of the regulars are so unpleasant, but Chris deserves some help here. This IS a Charleston vs. Morgantown thread. Chris was responding to another poster. Why do you have to bully Chris?

How would we be able to tell?
I'm not bullying chris. He made a BS statement. Ct said he thought cheat lake was a better suburb than any Charleston suburb. It is an opinion statement. Chris said cheat lake was the only suburb in morgantown, which is untrue. I don't mind him having a different opinion but I am going to call him out when he makes things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia