Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 08:09 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,510,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Sheetz remodel disappointing as far as gas pumps go.
Before there was a decent amount of gas pumps. Going past it several times thus far, it appears from the front there’s only one pump now, rather than two, at each island with only one bay. I didn’t get a chance to count total pumps from the front but will guess it’s less than 10. I’m hoping there’s more way in the back. It seems the Sheetz down by Ranson has more pumps and Charles Town too. I think even Martin’ s has more pumps now. C’mon Sheetz, you’re going to have people coming off from I81 and it looks like you’re cutting back on pumps?

Someone please tell me that there is more in the back end (behind Sheetz) ?
I’m not sure of the exact number, but I’ve noticed most newly-built gas stations seem to be cutting back on the number of pumps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 10:46 AM

22 posts, read 27,929 times
600 jobs - pretty amazing that the county continues to attract so many new, not to mention large, businesses to the area. There will be even more jobs coming once all of these distribution warehouses get up and running - I believe there are more of them planned for the area as well.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:43 PM

19,514 posts, read 9,537,245 times
My spouse drove past Sheetz today. Said they were open and selling gas regular for $3.09. Naturally, long lines.
Maybe if we get a chance, we’ll stop in tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2023, 04:10 PM

Re: Another Royal Farms?

What? Another Starbucks? [[Lewis Black, The End Of The Universe]]

Thinking of Royal Farms:

https://youtu.be/Sg-J2TS13GA?si=JQ4qcqj03ZpQ_hTG

https://youtu.be/Sg-J2TS13GA?si=JQ4qcqj03ZpQ_hTG

Last edited by cat1116; 10-25-2023 at 04:31 PM..

Old 10-25-2023, 04:23 PM

We did go. Had a decent sandwich that we split. I like their preparing and serving board that they have installed in the tables section.

See their gas price has bee; raised. No longer $3.09. But yet still attracting lines. Funny, considering price is still $3.09 across the street with no lines. At the time/s my spouse has drove past these locations. Hey, don’t get me wrong, I like Sheetz. Spouse mentioned that there is a sign over by the new Weis, saying Royal Farms is coming. Too funny. It reminded me of that Lewis Black skit about a Starbucks next to another Starbucks.

Quote:
My spouse drove past Sheetz today. Said they were open and selling gas regular for $3.09. Naturally, long lines.
Maybe if we get a chance, we’ll stop in tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2023, 10:03 PM

Quote:
We did go. Had a decent sandwich that we split. I like their preparing and serving board that they have installed in the tables section.

See their gas price has bee; raised. No longer $3.09. But yet still attracting lines. Funny, considering price is still $3.09 across the street with no lines. At the time/s my spouse has drove past these locations. Hey, don’t get me wrong, I like Sheetz. Spouse mentioned that there is a sign over by the new Weis, saying Royal Farms is coming. Too funny. It reminded me of that Lewis Black skit about a Starbucks next to another Starbucks.
They’re not done yet. Supposedly, a third Royal Farms somewhere along Route 9 going toward Hedgesville.

Sheetz is also seeking approval to build a new store across from Berkeley Medical Center. This one makes a lot of sense to me. There isn’t a single gas station/convenience store at exit 14. With all of the traffic coming from the hospital area, plus the housing down Dry Run Road, I’m surprised one hasn’t located at that exit sooner.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
They’re not done yet. Supposedly, a third Royal Farms somewhere along Route 9 going toward Hedgesville.

Sheetz is also seeking approval to build a new store across from Berkeley Medical Center. This one makes a lot of sense to me. There isn’t a single gas station/convenience store at exit 14. With all of the traffic coming from the hospital area, plus the housing down Dry Run Road, I’m surprised one hasn’t located at that exit sooner.
I can see the other locales - Hedgesville and over by the hospital, but these two are like 2 miles apart.

Now, as we get closer to exits for I-81 N and South and The Commons, if only someone could help those who have trouble making up their minds as to which lane they want to be in.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I can see the other locales - Hedgesville and over by the hospital, but these two are like 2 miles apart.

Now, as we get closer to exits for I-81 N and South and The Commons, if only someone could help those who have trouble making up their minds as to which lane they want to be in.
Yes, that stretch has been a mess for years. Hopefully the construction happening now will help remedy this once it’s done. I think the idea is to have two through lanes on each side the entire way, as opposed to having to switch lanes to go straight near Foxcroft Ave/I-81.

Old 11-01-2023, 04:36 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:

Been a long time since I was in Berkeley County, probably 15 years, visiting in-laws who lived up on Sleepy Creek Mountain at the time. I loved buying apples at Shawnee Springs Market in Cross Junction on Rte 522. Now in his mid 90s he and his wife are in a nice apartment in Martinsburg.

I remember Sheetz quite well, gassed up and ate at the one in Brunswick, MD where I used to go train watching (a minor sickness ) on my way to/from Baltimore, where I also bought a lot of gas at a Royal Farm store.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-01-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Been a long time since I was in Berkeley County, probably 15 years, visiting in-laws who lived up on Sleepy Creek Mountain at the time. I loved buying apples at Shawnee Springs Market in Cross Junction on Rte 522. Now in his mid 90s he and his wife are in a nice apartment in Martinsburg.

I remember Sheetz quite well, gassed up and ate at the one in Brunswick, MD where I used to go train watching (a minor sickness ) on my way to/from Baltimore, where I also bought a lot of gas at a Royal Farm store.
Sounds like we used to run inthe same circles . I too, used to stop at a Sheetz in Brunswick. Mostly on the way home. I take it this is the one across the street from McDonalds? If anything, for remodeling, this Sheetz really needed more parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia