Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 07:16 PM

4 posts, read 9,928 times

Advertisements

Thanks to everybody that has posted lately. Your input is very helpful in our decision making. If there are any others that could offer some personal experiences or opinions please send them to this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 05:46 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,512,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbme View Post
There are definitely some...some...changing attitudes in Berkeley County for the better (I say that as an African American woman), and I've mostly felt welcomed here. But Shepherdstown is definitely more open-minded and inclusive. It's about 15 minutes from Martinsburg - a small college-ish town with a great community. Check it out! I work there and honestly, it's where I wish we'd have purchased (housing is a bit more expensive).
I love Shepherdstown! A very fun vibe, for sure. Great restaurants and festivals as well.

Kbeeknca, if you don't mind a 15 minute commute and are willing to pay a little more it's worth checking into.

https://wvtourism.com/town-guide-shepherdstown/

https://shepherdstown.info/

Old 07-02-2021, 08:05 AM

177 posts, read 366,267 times
Any updated info on this thread would be welcome - I'm considering relocating to the Martinsburg area, speak Spanish and am also a medical interpreter as well as a Spanish teacher. Have been offered a teaching job with the county schools, verbally accepted but having trouble locating housing (even after online searching and working with a local realtor). Would be moving from eastern VA. Thanks for any current (June/July 2021) info you can provide about the schools and the area overall.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:09 AM

Default Moving to Martinsburg?

I'm considering relocating to the Martinsburg area, speak Spanish and am a medical interpreter as well as a Spanish teacher. Have been offered a teaching job with the county schools. Would appreciate any local area info, would be moving from VA. Info on schools, housing (which I've already discovered is a tough market!), and the general area would be helpful thanks.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:22 AM

Default Moving to Martinsburg?

'm considering relocating to the Martinsburg area, speak Spanish and am a medical interpreter as well as a Spanish teacher. Have been offered a teaching job with the county schools. Would appreciate any local area info, would be moving from VA. Info on schools, housing (which I've already discovered is a tough market!), and the general area would be helpful thanks.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:32 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Moderator Note: I'm moving this thread called Moving to Martinsburg? into the one called Possible Relocation to Martinsburg WV because we don't need multiple threads on the same subject.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:35 AM

The original post about this subject is over 2 years old and mine is asking for current information. Therefore please give another suggestion about how to request updated information even after having reviewed the previous thread and replies.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:57 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by profesora View Post
The original post about this subject is over 2 years old and mine is asking for current information. Therefore please give another suggestion about how to request updated information even after having reviewed the previous thread and replies.
You just do so by posting in this thread. When you post in a thread, the title turns bold to let people know there are new posts in the thread. It also makes the little down arrow icon show up, which takes you to the first new post.

We have several active members that live in the Eastern Panhandle. If they have any comments to make, they will see it here. Of course, any given member may or may not be on here today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia