Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM

306 posts, read 1,244,670 times

Advertisements

u guys know i am an avid trucker's wife..these coal trucks are up my butt and back on rt. 60 going into gauley bridge.......i have to drive this every nite due to one of the homes i have to visit for job..i have pulled off the road to let them go by..then i have to face the tokyo drifters that come opposite direction of me late at nite......(where are their mamas..boy i'd beat my child if i caught them doing this)...which put in a swirl near a guard rail and cliff Thurs. nite.........jeepers i told dh that i am taking extra life insurance because i wonder sometimes if i will get home in one piece..........

Now i have a 4x4 truck and lots of power but i can NOT handle these curves any faster than i am going...........lordy i am amazed at who can at 50 plus mph...........I am ready to puke by the time i get to Alloy........and shoot i won't even discuss the atv's on here with NO lights.........deer oh yea but i see those i hope in time............boy this could be fun if i was 20...right now i stay white knuckle.............and Yes def. turnpike in winter........but right now i have to do inter. 19 to 60 to charleston for my run............i don't have the 2 hrs to my benefit until winter................thanks for any advice..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 06:27 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,333,503 times
In a few months...your driving skills will be honed to razor sharpness, you need more practice..

One good rule is never use the brakes...sign of weakness...

The best rule is the old rule.
Stay in the center of YOUR road and git over when you should.
The center line should be in the center of your vehicle.

Don't worry about any ATV's, those drivers are drunk and won't feel anything if you hit them. That's why we have over 500,000 ATV's in West Virginia...DUI means no license is needed. It's a code.

Those Coal Buckets are laying a lot of tranny and engine/fuel oil on the pavement...please beware when it rains...leaves from the trees are slick too...Write this on a post-it note and glue it to the dash of that big Ford!

What you have for roads in West Virginia are old buffalo trails covered with black top...you have the edge of the black top and then the deep ditch.
If you see a lot of sparks, your in the ditch...

Guard rails? Who are you kidding sister? Some high ranking politico must live nearby!
Look for a new Lexus with a license tag... number under 100...that's a tipoff.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM

OH BOY I WILL SLEEP GOOD TONITE.........LOL. and never use the brakes yikes. ok just come sending out a search party for me if i it looks like i'm on an extended absence........(and no phone signal, well 'maybe' a 9ll signal beep)now i SURE understand ALMOST HEAVEN.....just not right NOW.......LOL

Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,999,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
In a few months...your driving skills will be honed to razor sharpness, you need more practice..

One good rule is never use the brakes...sign of weakness...

The best rule is the old rule.
Stay in the center of YOUR road and git over when you should.
The center line should be in the center of your vehicle.

Don't worry about any ATV's, those drivers are drunk and won't feel anything if you hit them. That's why we have over 500,000 ATV's in West Virginia...DUI means no license is needed. It's a code.

Those Coal Buckets are laying a lot of tranny and engine/fuel oil on the pavement...please beware when it rains...leaves from the trees are slick too...Write this on a post-it note and glue it to the dash of that big Ford!

What you have for roads in West Virginia are old buffalo trails covered with black top...you have the edge of the black top and then the deep ditch.
If you see a lot of sparks, your in the ditch...

Guard rails? Who are you kidding sister? Some high ranking politico must live nearby!
Look for a new Lexus with a license tag... number under 100...that's a tipoff.

ha ha ha ha ha ha VERRRRRY TRUE Kennedy

Old 10-10-2007, 05:06 AM

well i'm going to try this again this a.m. then again tonite..Nope i never give up..thanks for the advice and 'punt'..i would have had a better excuse if i left my Fla. tags on then they ''mite'' understand.........God i don't know how DH does it out there with 45,000 pounds plus and then some..
Well i have to say i have seen some amazing sites passing this area early am and late pm's...................

Old 10-14-2007, 05:46 PM

312 posts, read 1,061,023 times
"then i have to face the tokyo drifters that come opposite direction of me late at nite......(where are their mamas..boy i'd beat my child if i caught them doing this)...which put in a swirl near a guard rail and cliff Thurs. nite....." quote from Confused Tee

Tee, would you mind puttin' that in plain english for those of us who don't speak "trucker"?

Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 AM

doesn't have anything to do with trucker language......being met opposite directions by 3 fast speeding cars is no picnic especially late at nite..and u are trying to stay off the cliff side and then when u do go out of control no one even tries to help ya..tokyo drifting is the young fascinating language for teens that think nothing can happen to them and they do it like madness on these sharp 15 45 degrees curves...speed kills.........

Last edited by confusedTee; 10-15-2007 at 04:32 AM..

Old 10-15-2007, 05:54 AM

240 posts, read 733,154 times
Another tip for driving curvy roads is slow down BEFORE the curve and then accelerate into it. This only works if the curve is banked properly but you'll learn which ones aren't. :)

Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,386,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millersangel View Post
Another tip for driving curvy roads is slow down BEFORE the curve and then accelerate into it. This only works if the curve is banked properly but you'll learn which ones aren't.
And after you get your vehicle fixed you can try it again .

Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 AM

148 posts, read 521,458 times
Tokyo drifters do all kinds of illeagel races on the streets. I Know Rt 60's is like that. I live in Weirton from Rt 22 to 60 pretty much everyday. But never that late though. But I hear about it and have seen tire skid marks as well too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia