Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:14 AM

10 posts, read 15,635 times

Advertisements

hello, does anyone know anything about valley bend? I have been looking for homes in the elkins area ( I am coming from out of state). I noticed a few homes for sale in valley bend but can only find very limited information about the town. I would appreciate any advice you could offer about the area. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 01:13 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,992,915 times
Valley Bend is about 20 or so minutes from Elkins. Very rural but plenty of neighbors around... Mill Creek, Dailey, East Dailey, Huttonsville, are all neighboring towns.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 AM

Thank you for your help, I was getting worried that no one knew anything about the area! I've been as far south of Elkins as Beverly but no further. I am going back next weekend and intend on checking the Valley Bend area out, I'll be sure to look at the towns you listed as well. Thanks again.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,829,270 times
GottaHerdOn is city-data's "Elkins Authority".

Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 AM

OK, I hope that's a good thing

Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 PM

40 posts, read 104,885 times
Valley Bend is pretty much in the middle between Beverly and Mill Creek. There are a few houses along the highway (219) and several on the back roads around that area. Other than homes, not much else there except for C&Js restaurant. As for other towns in the area, Dailey is between Valley Bend and Beverly, Mill Creek is the next town south, Huttonsville is the next town after Mill Creek going south. If you are going to work in Elkins, none of them are bad choices but you may also want to look at other towns in the area such as Kerens, Montrose, Junior, Coalton, and Belington. There are also a few other small towns in the surrounding mountains but would be a longer drive and challenging in the winter at times.

I am originally from Beverly and have several generations of family in the surrounding area. I can pretty much tell you anything you want to know about the area.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
GottaHerdOn is city-data's "Elkins Authority".
lol awww shucks

Old 08-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen1968 View Post
OK, I hope that's a good thing
I live about 10-15 minutes east of Elkins in the Bowden area.... right in the wilderness, but close enough to Elkins that I could be there in just a short drive. You might want to check it out too... Like I said though, any questions at all... feel free to ask. I grew up here and left for college and just moved back in June from Phoenix, AZ.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:47 AM

Thank you everyone for your help, i will be going in the weekend of the 10th to look at some houses but now i think i will extend my search to the towns mentioned. I work at home so all i need is a reliable cable hookup for the internet. So no worries for when it snows

Old 08-06-2012, 04:55 PM

40 posts, read 104,885 times
It might be a challenge to get Internet (high speed) in some of the towns away from Elkins. Be sure to check first when thinking about a location. My dad just got hi-speed Internet a few years ago in Beverly, and also has cell reception now. Phone reception has improved a lot, but several dead areas still exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia