Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:00 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times

Advertisements

West Virginia ranks No. 2 in job growth * - News - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

"West Virginia ranks No. 2 in job growth, according to a study released by Arizona State University on Wednesday.
According to the study, non-agricultural jobs in West Virginia increased by 2.6 percent. The study compared figures of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics from January 2011 to this January."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 07:27 AM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
That's great to hear.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,107,153 times
Great!!! I've noticed the difference.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Morgantown is already paying dividends to the state.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 PM

49 posts, read 107,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Morgantown is already paying dividends to the state.

Don't get me wrong, I love Morgantown, and my wife just got a job at a high tech company here, but doesn't most of this growth have to do with the macellus shale?

Old 03-23-2012, 02:08 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Im sure some of it does. Northern panhandle and NCwv is where most shale growth is. Ncwv and ep is where the lions share of the growth is

Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 PM

42 posts, read 69,379 times
Makes sense, smaller states that don't overspend their money tend to be doing the best in job growth. I figured North Dakota would also be up there. They also had a similar article on the Pittsburgh forum about rapid job growth in the area.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:23 PM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittperson View Post
Makes sense, smaller states that don't overspend their money tend to be doing the best in job growth. I figured North Dakota would also be up there. They also had a similar article on the Pittsburgh forum about rapid job growth in the area.
I agree a lot of the larger states overspend especially california and new york. I think the states should be split in half for better efficiency, but that isn't going to happen. There is also not a big correlation between "fiscally responsible" conservative states and actual fiscal responsibility, it is all talk. Small states do tend to do way better on our "balance sheet", but I still suspect salary is way under the national average.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
There's a downside to all of this too.

The Welfare Deadbeats are under pressure to 'get a job or go to a school so they can 'get a job.

Lot of pressure on them....

Times are 'a changing for them....

But realistically, a white tattooed guy, with a bushy black afro haircut with lip and eyebrow pericings???? Dressed in rags....and showing his buttcrack.

What would you hire him for....???? Night watchman ?
Is this a sterio-type....If this is a profile of humanity, is it of this planet?

Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
In the next 5 years, the Northern Panhandle is poised for mega growth. You can already see it starting in Wheeling. Nearby "downstream" developments from the PA cracker, as well as the several fractionating factories there, along with spin offs will have a major impact. Also, developments in Eastern Ohio will result in many folks who work there living in the Northern Panhandle.

I think the northern and eastern parts of the state will prosper at a level not seen for 3 decades or more. We won't see as much manufacturing in NCWV from it, but what we are seeing is companies that supply goods and services to the gas/oil companies operating in nearby Wetzel County and engineering firms spring up. Other growth factors continue unabated here and the Eastern Panhandle's real estate market is starting to rebound, a sign that more population pressure from DC and Baltimore is underway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia