Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 15,118 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We will be relocating in July in Boca Raton . We are a family of five with two teenage boys and a three year old . Would any of you please tell me what is a good are to live in Boca with good public schools possibly near the beach ?
Thank you and GOD bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 07:25 PM

25 posts, read 106,345 times
Boca has A-rated schools. You can check the ratings here at Welcome to The School District of Palm Beach County.

East Boca has single family homes and close to the beach. Central Boca is about a 10 minute ride to the beach and furthest would be West Boca at about a 25 to 30-minute ride to the beach. It really depends on your price range and whether or not you want to live in a gated community. I'm a Realtor and am familiar with all the areas.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:10 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLoverInBoca View Post
Boca has A-rated schools. You can check the ratings here at Welcome to The School District of Palm Beach County.

Good Luck

East Boca has single family homes and close to the beach. Central Boca is about a 10 minute ride to the beach and furthest would be West Boca at about a 25 to 30-minute ride to the beach. It really depends on your price range and whether or not you want to live in a gated community. I'm a Realtor and am familiar with all the areas.
we live in central boca in the Spanish River HS district as we have a 15 yr old son who is a freshman and we love the school..he attended west boca HS however wasnt very happy there..

Old 04-04-2010, 02:18 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,301,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLoverInBoca View Post

East Boca has single family homes and close to the beach. Central Boca is about a 10 minute ride to the beach and furthest would be West Boca at about a 25 to 30-minute ride to the beach. It really depends on your price range and whether or not you want to live in a gated community.
The zip codes for the beach areas are 33487, 33431, and 33432.

Indeed you should specify price range, also whether you will be renting or buying, and whether you are looking for a condo, townhouse, or single family home, also, eventually, year of construction.

Generally speaking, almost all of Boca Raton is pleasant and the school system is satisfactory, though there may be some variation in views. Do a sub-forum search on schools for some differing opinions among east, central, and west Boca.

Good Luck!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:43 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,239,181 times
Smile Central Boca Raton

You would love our neighborhood. Very very family oriented. Great schools - Calusa Elementary, Omni Middle or Don Estridge and Spanish River High. Other great neighborhoods around, know them all.

Have lived here 30 years. That is hard to believe, really. I swore I would never live in Boca. Bought a townhome as a single 20 something. My kids grew up in the neighborhood we live in now and it is very normal.

I just re-read your post and missed the beach comment. I know of several communities closer to the beach. Ours is about 15 minutes away. Need your price range.

Last edited by Bette; 04-04-2010 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Added words

Old 04-05-2010, 01:00 PM

623 posts, read 1,302,637 times
Would that be Central Boca Bette? Are they mainly gated where you are? TU

Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 15,118 times
Hello ,
Thank you for the information very helpful .We are very excited , actually we are looking to rent first possibly in a gated community , can not wait Boca seems a nice place to raise a family .......thanks again

Old 04-06-2010, 05:41 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liri View Post
Hello ,
Thank you for the information very helpful .We are very excited , actually we are looking to rent first possibly in a gated community , can not wait Boca seems a nice place to raise a family .......thanks again
depending on what your price range is and which part of boca you decide to move too, West Boca has the most gated communities...anything East Of palmetto rd and East of Glades will have gated communities but not as many as West Boca as we rented in a gated community in West Boca off of Glades and 441...

Old 04-06-2010, 08:41 AM

6,883 posts, read 11,239,181 times
Smile Central Boca

Non-gated communities (ones I can easily think of):
Vista Verde, Fairfield, Paradise Palms, University Park, Woodlands, Timbercreek, Millpond, Colonnades/Glen Oaks, Boca Lake, Strathmore, Boca Madera, New Floresta

Gated communities - Boca Bath & Tennis, LesJardins, Woodfield, Woodfield Country Club, Broken Sound - note: several communities within the Woodfield Country Club and Broken Sound communities

Tons of other communities within Boca - one of my personal favorites which is more eastern is Camino Gardens (not gated) - great families in there. Lots of others too!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 AM

10 posts, read 28,406 times
Hi everybody. I would like to move to Boca Raton next year. I'm looking houses or condos for sale. There's so many beautiful houses in zip code 33496. Is 33496 a god area where I can raise a child? I need information about Public Schools, Crimes, statistics about kidnapping, missing persons, small business, golf, etc. I'm just looking the right place where I can breath pace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach