Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 PM

5 posts, read 14,461 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are escaping the cold of the north for one day (thanks to 10 dollar plane tickets). So, this wednesday we'll be flying into palm beach airport (PBI). we're just under 25 so renting a car is out i think. Basically we just want to take a taxi to the beach, hang out there for most the day, then walk somewhere for dinner, before getting a cab back to the airport.

summed up, is there a nice public beach within walking distance of shops/food?

(i did search I promise)

thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM

36 posts, read 77,559 times
Where's you fly in from? 10 bucks is a nice deal!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjet View Post
Where's you fly in from? 10 bucks is a nice deal!
JFK. jetblue is selling 10 dollar tickets in/out of JFK for tuesday and wednesday.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:38 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
I'd go to Atlantic Ave in Delray. Lots of cool restaurants/shops and a nice beach. Cab ride will cost more than your plane tix haha but if you wont have a car that is probably the area with the most in walking distance to the beach.
Cityplace in West Palm wouldn be good too, but the beach is like a half mile/mile to walk.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
I'd go to Atlantic Ave in Delray. Lots of cool restaurants/shops and a nice beach. Cab ride will cost more than your plane tix haha but if you wont have a car that is probably the area with the most in walking distance to the beach.
Cityplace in West Palm wouldn be good too, but the beach is like a half mile/mile to walk.
thank you! that seems perfect, and the delray beach looks awesome. How much do you think it would cost to get there? and would it be easy to call a taxi to get back to the airport?

Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
You could also stay closer to WPB and just do the Palm Beach thing, the public beach is right across from Worth Ave. which is walking distance and has some nice restaurants, I highly recommend Taboo and there also is some high end shopping if that's your thing or go to the beach there and the take a taxi back to downtown WPB and do the City Place and/or Clematis Street thing.

Not that Delray Beach/Atlantic Ave. is not a good choice, it's just incredibly crowded during Season so plan ahead if you choose to go there.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
You could also stay closer to WPB and just do the Palm Beach thing, the public beach is right across from Worth Ave. which is walking distance and has some nice restaurants, I highly recommend Taboo and there also is some high end shopping if that's your thing or go to the beach there and the take a taxi back to downtown WPB and do the City Place and/or Clematis Street thing.

Not that Delray Beach/Atlantic Ave. is not a good choice, it's just incredibly crowded during Season so plan ahead if you choose to go there.
I didn't realize delray would be crowded. Part of the point of this trip is definitely getting away from crowds. so the beach is at the end of worth ave, and not too crowded? plus saving money and time (we only have 7 hours), by not going to delray will be good I think. thank you for the restaurant suggestion too; we'll probably go there.

I've been to florida a million times but this is my first on the atlantic coast. excited!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 PM

36 posts, read 77,559 times
I know this is rare for Jetblue.

How often does Spirit Air have deals to WPB from NY?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagelific View Post
I didn't realize delray would be crowded. Part of the point of this trip is definitely getting away from crowds. so the beach is at the end of worth ave, and not too crowded? plus saving money and time (we only have 7 hours), by not going to delray will be good I think. thank you for the restaurant suggestion too; we'll probably go there.

I've been to florida a million times but this is my first on the atlantic coast. excited!
Well it is peak season time so it will generally be more crowded. Atlantic Ave. is nice but the sidewalks get packed and the street is bumper to bumper traffic, what makes matters worse is some of the restaurants have sidewalk seating, which is nice when the conditions are right but it typically is too packed if you are pressed for time.

The public beach on Palm Beach will probably be busy too and it's a smaller beach but you will have a short walk from it to Worth Ave. giving you plenty of time.
If you do decide to go to Taboo be sure to call in advance for reservations, if you Google "Taboo Palm Beach" you will find their website.

Enjoy you visit!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

Palm Beach is the way to go. Take a cab to Worth Ave-10 minutes. Great beach, world famous shopping and dining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach