Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,426,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoral View Post
Reedsmit explained very well all those fees.
In my opinion, if you are not very rich, living in a gated community or in an expensive condo with all sort of amenities is too expensive for a "normal" person/family. Are you going daily to the gym ? I don't think so, and in Florida if you really want to exercise, buy a bike, run, swim.
Yes, you pay for a lot of people who are just moving papers around and your fees will increase almost every year. In a gated community they decide how your lawn looks, what trees can grow, what color is your house, etc.
My question is (as a potential buyer) where can I find in WPB a safe area to buy a small house and to have the liberty to plant the flowers and the trees I like ? Does this exists ?

Sometimes I feel like a broken record, lol, BUT, in West Palm Beach, sounds like Grandview Heights, Flamingo Park, and the South of Southern Blvd neighborhoods are just what you're looking for.

Between Okeechobee Blvd. and Belvedere, stay East of Parker for the best neighborhoods. Between Belvedere and the West Palm City line, stay east of Dixie for the best neighborhoods.

These are good, eclectic safe, established, non-HOA fee neighborhoods. Tree lined streets, sidewalks, many historic homes, bungalows, etc.... everything from small Florida cottages to Mediterranean mansions, and in prices from 100k to 3 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 08:05 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,403,119 times
Yeah it's definitely different strokes for different folks. Some people can't stand an HOA, others wouldn't live without one. There's discussions on this all over the forums and elsewhere.
If you are in a nice well maintained non-hoa neighborhood as Tri speaks of it's nice, but if you are in a neighborhood where your neighbor has 6 cars parked in his lawn and nobody can do anything about it an HOA starts looking pretty nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach