Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 AM
ilk ilk started this thread

5 posts, read 76,908 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving to a country club community and wondering what it's like. Is it worth all the fees? Does anyone know about Stonebridge or Woodfield. What are they like, we are trying to decide. I would appreciate any info you guys may have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk View Post
We are going to be moving to a country club community and wondering what it's like. Is it worth all the fees? Does anyone know about Stonebridge or Woodfield. What are they like, we are trying to decide. I would appreciate any info you guys may have.
Woodfield is 38k equity and 20k initiation fee.....600 to 1400 for HOA fees Quarterly
Broken Sound 38k equity not sure if there is an Initiation fee...Same for Broken Sound
Boca Grove 70k equity and not sure about initiation fee..and I believe these are higher

Not sure about any of the others....

There is the Polo club
Boca West

Old 01-17-2010, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the info. We are moving from a wonderful community with lots of kids and great schools. However, we hate the weather and are stuck inside for months at a time. So I want to make sure we are going to be in a similar situation when we move.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:22 PM

from the people we know that live in a few of these places they are very social..how old are your children? Woodfield is probably the youngest out of all these communities...but Ive heard wonderful things about Broken Sound as well

either way good luck on your move

Old 01-17-2010, 03:34 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I have family in Woodfield. The fees though are a lot more then stated here. I used to live in Boca West which is accross the street. Woodfield does have a lot of young families and Boca West is more older and snow birds probably due to they also have condos. The ? about being worth it. It depends if you will use the activities/restaurants and are the country club personality. Do you golf? That is seperate too at Woodfield price wise. Sometimes the club is almost like high school but rich. Not sure if that makes sense. I do think Woodfield is a lovely club and the homes are very nice. There are ranges too from smaller to more upscale in the double gated. I also like St Andrews Boca and I am not sure the other fees but I think the equity there is 125,000. Most like Boca West and Woodfield have 10,000 plus yearly fees etc. There are many homes for sale in these communities due to the excessive fees.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:04 PM

My kids are in grade school and preschool. I'd like to be where there are younger families. How are the people, are they friendly? Also in schools, are there many volunteer opportunities for parents?

Old 01-17-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I have family in Woodfield. The fees though are a lot more then stated here. I used to live in Boca West which is accross the street. Woodfield does have a lot of young families and Boca West is more older and snow birds probably due to they also have condos. The ? about being worth it. It depends if you will use the activities/restaurants and are the country club personality. Do you golf? That is seperate too at Woodfield price wise. Sometimes the club is almost like high school but rich. Not sure if that makes sense. I do think Woodfield is a lovely club and the homes are very nice. There are ranges too from smaller to more upscale in the double gated. I also like St Andrews Boca and I am not sure the other fees but I think the equity there is 125,000. Most like Boca West and Woodfield have 10,000 plus yearly fees etc. There are many homes for sale in these communities due to the excessive fees.
our friends are looking there and a few of my swim mom friends live in woodfield and the fees dropped tremendously, and what I quoted is what it is today to get in....My g/f is getting a day pass for woodfield which I will be accompanying her and these were the fees that were quoted to her....the equity in woodfield used to be 75k they cut them in 1/2...they are 38k and the initiation is 20k...when the people I know bought it was like 125k all in but again the fees have gone down....Broken Sound also is what was quoted....and boca grove has stayed 70k for equity....

I the people I know in Woodfield are friendly...and they arent too social there although they do use the restaurants quiet often, and they do attend social events...but she doesnt use the fitness center, she doesnt play golf nor does her dh and u dont have to buy the golf membership either...Your best bet would be to contact realtor, they can get you day passes to these places and spend the day there and go to the restaurants etc...that will give you a good feel and drive around the community.....

Old 01-18-2010, 07:56 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
They still all have the yearly fees and the amount depends on membership whether golf etc. When I was looking at Boca West to buy they did not tell me that either just about the equity and hoa fees. Somehow the 10,000 a year was not brought up but i am sure in the legal documents it would of been stated. I have mixed feelings on all of these communities around fiendly aspect. I think people tend to shmooz. I was talking to this lady who lived in St Andrews and moved but was looking to buy another home in that community. She said that if she did not live there she would loose most of her friends. I am not saying this is everyone cause there are some down to earth people I am sure. My grandfather lives in Woodfield and I have met there friends when at the club. I would not say I get a very down to earth feeling because people there talk a lot about money and aspects around that. School issues I am not familiar with. I am thinking though they would happy to have you help out. Also most likely if you ask a person from each of the different communities they will push there's and bad talk the other. That is what I have found. To me all the communtities are lovely so maybe if you found a house that you loved it would make the choice for you. Good luck

Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 PM

Thanks for your input.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 AM

96 posts, read 255,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk View Post
I was just checking out some homes in Stonebridge and found this information. I just want a home that backs to a golf course. I'll look for public golf course homes if any, lol. Even if you buy a home cash money in one of these country club communities, you need some "buckaroos", lots of fees to pay in Stonebridge. Hope this helps folks that think they will enjoy golfing cuz with these fees, they sure better enjoy it. At least there's no locker fee, lol.

STONEBRIDGE IS AN EXCLUSIVE COUNTRY CLUB COMMUNITY OF LESS THAN 400 HOMES WITH QUALITY RESTAURANT SERVICE, GOLF COURSE, GYMNASIUM, CLUB POOL AND TENNIS FACILITIES. STONEBRIDGE MANDATORY FEES: FULL GOLF EQUITY EQUITY BOND $40,000 INITIATION FEE $20,000. ANNUAL DUES 11/01/2009-10/31/2010 $15,145.00/YEAR. TRAIL FEE $1,062.50/YEAR. LOCKER FEE NO CHARGE. BAG STORAGE FEE $85.00/YEAR. GOLF GUEST FEE $40.00. GOLF CART RENTAL FEES $20.00 FOR 18 HOLES, $10.00 FOR 9 HOLES. FOOD & BEVERAGE MINIMUM $2,000.00/YEAR. NO-TIPPING SERVICE CHARGE $135.00/MONTH. CLUBHOUSE RENOVATION ASSESSMENT FEE OF $210.00+$20/MONTH. PROPRIETARY SOCIAL EQUITY EQUITY BOND $15,000 INITIATION FEE $20,000. ANNUAL DUES 11/01/2009-10/31/2010 $11,625.00/YEAR. FOOD & BEVERAGE MINIMUM $2,000.00/YEAR. NO-TIPPING SERVICE CHARGE $115.00/MONTH. CLUBHOUSE RENOVATION ASSESSMENT FEE OF $205.00+$20/MONTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach