Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,487,852 times

Advertisements

What would you pack for a week in FL if you are from the Northeast?

It's a balmy 35 degrees in NJ today and the 10-day PBG forecast calls for temperatures in the high fifties to the low eighties. Not as warm as I'd like but I'll take it!

Do locals typically wear long pants/sleeves this time of year? Would the tourists be the only ones wearing shorts?

If you've made this trip this time of year, what's your favorite airplane travel outfit going from cold-to-warm and then from warm-to-cold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 11:18 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,441,942 times
My favorite Florida outfit is shorts, footflops (or boat shoes), and a sweater or long sleeve polo.

To be honest, it's hard to pack this time of year though because the weather can be high of 60 one day, to high of 80 two days later, depending on the cold front cycle.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,405,950 times
Heh, coming from the 30's the 70's will feel like paradise. When I first moved down here (from Wisconsin) I would laugh at all the people that would bundle up when it hit the 60's, and I almost died of laughter when I saw a snuggle alert on the news and that people should bring their plants and pets in over night because it was going to reach the 40's! But now when it hits the 60's I'm freezing! Well I guess that's a little off the topic.
Most tourists you see in shorts and a long sleeve/light sweater. Then it cools off a bit at night to pants weather.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the comments. I'll keep the bases covered from tanks to long sleeves and in between. It will feel like heaven even if it's only 70 degrees!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,838,290 times
Last year was my first winter here and I am from MI and it is so funny to hear people in FL talk about the cold. In MI if we have a warmer day like 50 after the winter people are driving with the convertibl top down. Here in FL people take out the hats. This time of year it can go either way so I agree bring both summer and fall clothes. Plus some place even on a warm day are kept cool like movies or restaurants so it is good to have a long sleeve item to bring a long. Have fun on your trip and I will wish for real nice weather for you and all the other visitors

Old 12-22-2009, 06:11 PM

475 posts, read 1,500,783 times
We do get cold weather - but it is very short lived. A day or two and it is gone. I would pack casual type clothing. Slacks - polo shirts for the evening (guy), slacks - shorts - t-shirts for the day, a swimsuit, sandles, a pair of jeans and a sweater or light jacket in case a cold front moves in.
A lady may want to throw in a dress or a nice pair of slacks and blazer along with the items I mentioned above.

Today it was about 70. Saturday night is was in the 40's - and it was definately sweater and jacket weather.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:21 PM

In Juno Beach now and this is wonderful weather! Close to 80 and no snow in sight. Loving it.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times
Enjoy your week. I just answered your post and see you're already here! So I'm editing.

You can see that if you forgot something, there's a CVS on every corner and a Walgreen's across the street. (or is that a Walgreen's on every corner and a CVS across the street?) I used to over-pack when I visited Florida before I moved here. Now I rarely pack a lot of stuff when I travel. You can always go into Beall's Outlet and buy a couple of cheap tops from the clearance rack for $5 when you're on vacation or a couple of beach towels if needed. Not top quality stuff, but it's open 9 to 9.
Have fun! Merry Christmas. http://bestsmileys.com/christmas2/1.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach