Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,577 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some positive or negative feedback on the town of Wellington or any of the surrounding towns? My hubby and I just visited for the weekend before his interview and we thought the town was extremely nice with the mall and all the schools so close by and shopping for anything is convenient. If anyone has kids at any of the schools (elementary, middle and high) I' d love some feedback on them. And....how often do Floridians have to use those hurricane shutters??
Thanks!

Old 05-17-2007, 06:28 PM

895 posts, read 4,253,650 times
Hey. I used to live in Jupiter, which is northeast Palm Beach County. Wellington is a really nice western city. 10 years ago, there was nothing there and it's been built up very nicely. The mall is great and there's a lot of families living in the area. I forgot to mention mosquitos. They're nasty in west county. Traffic on Okeechobee to get out there during rush can be annoying though. Schools in Palm Beach County are hit or miss. I've heard that Wellington's pretty good. As for those hurricane shutters, depending on where you live, you do use them if you have them on your house. You get scares at least two or three times during hurricane season. Once you live there, you get used to it. There's another thread on here about Wellington, so look through May's posts. Good Luck in your search.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:11 PM

607 posts, read 3,561,130 times
Wellington...... What can I say? Ive spent a good part of my adult life there and it's plain old GREAT. A real neighborhood in So. Fla. is har to find but Wellington's got it together. Great schools, churches, sports complexes, parks, a big lake right in the middle and lots and lots of horses.

The neighboring towns don't even come close to the greatness of Wellington.

go here........ www.wellingtonchamber.com

Old 05-20-2007, 07:24 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,259,771 times
Wellington is a nice area but most of the areas surrounding it, namely West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, and Greenacres, are really bad.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM

186 posts, read 795,635 times
.........sure all towns have icky pockets, but Greenacres has large developments of homes in the $600,000 range. Lake Worth has the charming & expensive intracoastal neighborhoods, and West Palm Beach has Flagler, Olive, and all the lovely Old Florida neighborhoods that start in the $400,000 range for a bungalow. Palm Beach County is vast and it's important to take into account that every single town in the county has areas that aren't top-of-the-line and appealing, Jupiter area and Boca Raton included in the count.
I believe this to be especially true south of Boca Raton as the county becomes highly congested from Boca to Miami.

One man's Utopia is another man's Hell. We all have opinions but I have to say I wasn't sold on Stepford neighborhoods anywhere!

Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 PM

363 posts, read 1,362,764 times
I lived there from 1998 to 2004. I lived in Western Wellington in Meadow Wood and then in Binks Forest. Western Wellington is really nice and I was happy with Binks Forest ES, Wellington Landings MS and Wellington HS. "Newer" Wellington is near the mall, Olympia, etc., nice, but I would stay west! Good Luck! Loved it there even when the cows were on the land that is now the mall, Olympia, etc. and we had to drive to Boynton or Palm Beach Gardens malls to shop!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiz View Post
Can anyone give me some positive or negative feedback on the town of Wellington or any of the surrounding towns? My hubby and I just visited for the weekend before his interview and we thought the town was extremely nice with the mall and all the schools so close by and shopping for anything is convenient. If anyone has kids at any of the schools (elementary, middle and high) I' d love some feedback on them. And....how often do Floridians have to use those hurricane shutters??
Thanks!
Wellington is grat place to live. Have lived here for 25 years. Close to eveything and it still has a county feeling while hosting some of the most expensive homes in PB County. I would rate it a 10. Should you decide to buy a home in Florida, make sure you file a Homestead Declaration at the time you close. It carries more weight than just a Homestead Exemption. You can obtain all the information about this important document and download the form at Florida homestead declaration services - USA Homestead Declaration Services

Old 02-04-2014, 03:12 PM

23 posts, read 47,937 times
I made the move from Northern IL to Wellington 3 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Wellington is, as others have said before me, as close to the perfect place to live in FL as you can get. I love everything about it.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM

46 posts, read 126,406 times
Development, development, development. I work on 441 just north of Lake Worth Road (and have for three years). In the last year alone, in a ONE BLOCK (from Stribling to Lake Worth) section alone, they are putting up a new business/condo development, a huge preschool, something else that is taking up every bit of grass and habitat that was in that spot, and another area is being razed between the middle school and new preschool. So in my humble estimation, within a few months time there will be ANOTHER 1000 cars navigating through the already hellish commute that is 441. True, anything you want is close by, but the price is the overpopulation and ridiculous traffic. I often have to make a U-turn and have timed it out up to 6 minutes just waiting for traffic to clear enough to do so, this is exacerbated by the people in front of you who, for some reason, think they need all four lanes to be clear in order to execute a U-turn. Or, you could go up to the light at the intersection and wait for 2 or 3 light cycles to make a U-turn. There is so much development all along 441 with seemingly no regard for traffic. 8 lanes of congestion. Sorry to be so negative, but if you live in Wellington, you will be on 441. Deeper west it is really nice. Very equestrian. And the Wellington Green Mall complex is a lot of fun. Nice mall and lots of stores and restaurants on the outskirts. Good luck in your decision making. BTW, you are also a loooong drive to the ocean if that's a consideration. East to West roadways are defined by light after light after light.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:24 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,172,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
I made the move from Northern IL to Wellington 3 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Wellington is, as others have said before me, as close to the perfect place to live in FL as you can get. I love everything about it.
too far from the coast for us. Want to be in Florida and CLOSE TO beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach