Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:58 AM

623 posts, read 1,309,291 times

Advertisements

we're stuck with palm beach gardens, jupiter, boca, wellington. please leave any feedback good/bad on areas with dcs. Planning to rent for a while but want public schools. Our kids are six. thanksss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Meant to type STUCK on too many and have to choose. lol. not stuck with. WE LOVE ALL THESE areas!!!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 02:28 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,467,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvchat View Post
we're stuck with palm beach gardens, jupiter, boca, wellington. please leave any feedback good/bad on areas with dcs. Planning to rent for a while but want public schools. Our kids are six. thanksss
RV we are originally from Brooklyn NY and let me say we feel at home in a very good way...It really is going to depend on what type of lifestyle and people you are looking for...SChools you cant go wrong with Boca or Jupiter..those would be my 2.......We love Boca for alot of reasons but the location is great...West Boca u have everything you need, Central boca you have everything u need with West boca only being 15 min away....your an hour or so from Miami...20-25 min to Ft Lauderdale etc....Jupiter was far for us as we have family in Hillsboro beach and my parents come in the winter and stay in Hillsboro as well as Weston so Jupiter was out for us and the commute for my dh....you really have to make a list of pro's and con's of each area, and honestly it becomes a personal preference..People on here will tell you Boca is this and that, on the contrary we have met such nice people who have touched our lives during a family crisis we just dealt with and my goodness I thought our friends were friends well let me tell u the people we didnt know who gave us such support on so many levels..im sorry but I dont know what else to say other than People need to really know people before they pass judement cause these people are extremely weathly and known in this community and again I cant say enough about some of them how wonderful they have been....Im not saying everyone will find that but we did...The Schools we have been very pleased with and have no complaints other than my dd's class has way to many kids but she is doing very well so if it works it works...

anyway, Its a very tough desicion in any case....

good luck with whatever decision you and your family make

Let me add: Jupiter does have alot more Sub Divisions with family friendly activities than Boca does but again we moved here for alot of reasons and were will to sacrifice some things...our children have made friends and are happy

Old 11-29-2009, 03:33 PM

Thanks Berry. So are you in West Boca? also public school? How many kids are in your dds class? Have a great day.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:00 PM

475 posts, read 1,505,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvchat View Post
Thanks Berry. So are you in West Boca? also public school? How many kids are in your dds class? Have a great day.
I have to agree with you rvchat.

My children went through the Jupiter public schools K - 9 that Magnet Schools (Suncoast and Dreyfoos School of the Arts for High School)

My daugher will graduate with honors from FSU in Tallahassee - on 12/12/09. She finished her degree in 3 1/2 years.

We have lived in Jupiter for over 30 years, and I have never regretted it.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:25 PM

141 posts, read 455,165 times
RVchat, I just bought a townhome in palm beach gardens (across the street from abacoa jupiter) 3 months ago and have been here for over 2 months now. We are pretty much all set up now and have done a ton of shopping and dining.

I am from brooklyn, NY my entire life and I am also keeping my apt in brooklyn.

First let me tell you that florida is NOTHING like NYC. Do not for a minute think that there is a single area in FL that compares to NYC and vice versa...and that is not a bad thing.

Moving on, my wife and I really like palm beach gardens so far. Being that we are right across the street to jupiter, we pretty much get the best of what both neighborhoods offer. The food and shopping are really good, we like shopping here over shopping in NYC because the stores are not too crowded, you always get a parking spot and the employees are not as rude as in NYC.

I cant comment on the schools here since we do not have kids yet.

Everyone who I know who lives in or near boca tells me its very snobby and that all the rumors are true. I guess rich snobs are better than being in a crime ridden area.

You did not mention a budget, im sure you will get better recommendations if you post your budget and what you're looking for.

Good Luck

Old 11-30-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
RVchat, I just bought a townhome in palm beach gardens (across the street from abacoa jupiter) 3 months ago and have been here for over 2 months now. We are pretty much all set up now and have done a ton of shopping and dining.

I am from brooklyn, NY my entire life and I am also keeping my apt in brooklyn.

First let me tell you that florida is NOTHING like NYC. Do not for a minute think that there is a single area in FL that compares to NYC and vice versa...and that is not a bad thing.

Moving on, my wife and I really like palm beach gardens so far. Being that we are right across the street to jupiter, we pretty much get the best of what both neighborhoods offer. The food and shopping are really good, we like shopping here over shopping in NYC because the stores are not too crowded, you always get a parking spot and the employees are not as rude as in NYC.

I cant comment on the schools here since we do not have kids yet.

Everyone who I know who lives in or near boca tells me its very snobby and that all the rumors are true. I guess rich snobs are better than being in a crime ridden area.

You did not mention a budget, im sure you will get better recommendations if you post your budget and what you're looking for.

Good Luck
Unless one has expereince with people again pls dont judge cause of what other people say.....again the people we are friends with here and know are very nice very happy and down to earth...I guess all rich people are snotty I can tell you we have lived in quiet a few different states and Snobby can be determined differently to each person, as I can tell you there a quiet a bit of people without money who are snobby as well and they do reside in Boca. as well as all around the state..and there arent snobby wealthy people in Jupiter? as ive said before its too bad everyone is judged for what they have or dont have very sad...and im curious as to what Rumors??? We've lived here for 7 months and haven't heard anything about Rumors? Funny too because we have never been asked oh "where do u live" which I guess people would want to know according to some people here whether or not they are worthy? anyhow RV as ive said before, we didnt move here 12 years ago for reasons of guilt from my parents and mostly because of the Sterotype of Boca and we are sorry that we Listened to everyone...Only you and your wife will know what or where is right for you....If you have the time Id personally go check out the schools, Drive Around the areas for a while that you are interested and so on...

Pls dont misunderstand im not saying that boca is the end all...I am saying that if Boca was such an awful snobby place to live, people wouldnt be moving here
May I ask what other town around boca you are refering too?

Last edited by Swimmom32; 11-30-2009 at 06:59 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,421,463 times
I think anywhere you have millionaires and wannabe millionaires you will have some snobby people. The Gardens/Jupiter has plenty, it just doesn't have the reputation that Boca does.
From my observations on the areas, if you are going to be going to the beach a lot you may want to rule out Wellington. It's not that far from the beach, but the other two areas you are looking at are closer and just as nice (if not nicer).
It seems like Boca is more congested and there's a lot more traffic than PBG/Jupiter. Every time I show a home in Boca I seem to run into a traffic jam on the way back. Haven't really had that problem in PBG/Jupiter.
Food and shopping wise both areas have a good amount of that.
Depending on your price range, for the money you will get a little newer/larger home in PBG/Jupiter vs. Boca. So if you prefer a newer home than I would go North.

Guess it could depend on where you will be working and if you have family down here as well...

Old 11-30-2009, 01:38 PM

141 posts, read 455,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Unless one has expereince with people again pls dont judge cause of what other people say.....again the people we are friends with here and know are very nice very happy and down to earth...I guess all rich people are snotty I can tell you we have lived in quiet a few different states and Snobby can be determined differently to each person, as I can tell you there a quiet a bit of people without money who are snobby as well and they do reside in Boca. as well as all around the state..and there arent snobby wealthy people in Jupiter? as ive said before its too bad everyone is judged for what they have or dont have very sad...and im curious as to what Rumors??? We've lived here for 7 months and haven't heard anything about Rumors? Funny too because we have never been asked oh "where do u live" which I guess people would want to know according to some people here whether or not they are worthy? anyhow RV as ive said before, we didnt move here 12 years ago for reasons of guilt from my parents and mostly because of the Sterotype of Boca and we are sorry that we Listened to everyone...Only you and your wife will know what or where is right for you....If you have the time Id personally go check out the schools, Drive Around the areas for a while that you are interested and so on...

Pls dont misunderstand im not saying that boca is the end all...I am saying that if Boca was such an awful snobby place to live, people wouldnt be moving here
May I ask what other town around boca you are refering too?
Berry, nobody ever said awful. Boca has a reputation as being safe, nice and snobby...if you ask me thats not so bad. Now let me tell you that I do not easily believe rumors, my two months living in FL, most of the FL rumors are very over exaggerated or non existent. With that being said, I have talked with different married couples who live in boca and they confirmed the rumors. Bottom line is, wherever there is a community with people who have a lot of money there will be snobs....no matter where you are...not all wealthy people are snobs but a percentage are, and the ones that are like to spoil there kids, buy expensive stuff just to show off etc. Does not make them bad people.

Again, nobody said Boca was awful. When I was looking on a neighborhood to move to in FL everyone recommended jupiter and boca.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
Berry, nobody ever said awful. Boca has a reputation as being safe, nice and snobby...if you ask me thats not so bad. Now let me tell you that I do not easily believe rumors, my two months living in FL, most of the FL rumors are very over exaggerated or non existent. With that being said, I have talked with different married couples who live in boca and they confirmed the rumors. Bottom line is, wherever there is a community with people who have a lot of money there will be snobs....no matter where you are...not all wealthy people are snobs but a percentage are, and the ones that are like to spoil there kids, buy expensive stuff just to show off etc. Does not make them bad people.

Again, nobody said Boca was awful. When I was looking on a neighborhood to move to in FL everyone recommended jupiter and boca.
agreed...but again even with rumors if you dont get caught up in it and it doesnt affect your life than does it really matter no....Im just saying that it is the same no matter where u live and really cant escape it...we thought jupiter was beautiful, dont know it well but for us it was a bit too far..which is why I said I would have only gone to these 2 places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach