Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 05:45 AM

11 posts, read 69,519 times

Advertisements

We have found ourselves in a situation where the "friend" we were renting from has gone into foreclosure! It wouldn't be so bad, but with the economy and several bad situations, we don't have enough for a security deposit PLUS last month's rent not to mention I had to declare bankruptcy before I moved here!! Learned my lesson the hard way, but my question is: Is there a place I can move into without a credit check and a hefty security deposit so I can get myself back on my feet? I want to be safe but stay in the Palm Beach Gardens area? Any suggestions, short of "brow-beating" would be terrific! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 05:50 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
I feel your pain, that typcial first month, last month and 1 month security deposit can mean sometimes in excess of $3K to $4K based on the typical rent here.

You might want to really look around for some rentals that don't require that, maybe an apartment complex? I know I see some advertising no down payment required because they are hurting big time.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:56 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Renting

I own a 2/2 condo in Boca and needed to rent it. Of course, I wanted the first, last & security and ran the credit. The people were honest, up front with me and I didn't get the above. I just let them move in and so far, it's been OK. (They deserved a break and I wanted someone in there - 2 years).

Old 09-26-2009, 07:51 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,334 times
No, I rented in West Palm, a condo, the person was so desperate to rent, because of the glut of condos, they took first months rent, no deposit. I have horrible credit. They were just glad to rent the place. They know that they may have to rent to people with less than perfect credit, because if I had good credit, Iwould have rented an apartment. There are apts in WPB that rent without credit checks, in Palm Beach Gardens. On Military Trail, by the VA hospital. All you need is a check stub.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
No, I rented in West Palm, a condo, the person was so desperate to rent, because of the glut of condos, they took first months rent, no deposit. I have horrible credit. They were just glad to rent the place. They know that they may have to rent to people with less than perfect credit, because if I had good credit, Iwould have rented an apartment. There are apts in WPB that rent without credit checks, in Palm Beach Gardens. On Military Trail, by the VA hospital. All you need is a check stub.

You may have found a rare situation, but many times when someone is that desperate they are in the process of going into foreclosure or trying to short sale their home/condo. If you rent from an owner right now be careful and have your realtor check and see if they are in the foreclosure process.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM

59 posts, read 156,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAroundTheBend View Post
We have found ourselves in a situation where the "friend" we were renting from has gone into foreclosure! It wouldn't be so bad, but with the economy and several bad situations, we don't have enough for a security deposit PLUS last month's rent not to mention I had to declare bankruptcy before I moved here!! Learned my lesson the hard way, but my question is: Is there a place I can move into without a credit check and a hefty security deposit so I can get myself back on my feet? I want to be safe but stay in the Palm Beach Gardens area? Any suggestions, short of "brow-beating" would be terrific! Thanks!
If you're renting a home that's going into foreclosure you don't have too much to worry about if you know what to expect.

1. The lender that's foreclosing on the home MUST fulfill the remainder of the lease (it's federal law).

2. If you're month to month the lender MUST give you 90 days to move from day of notice (normally the day of sheriff's sale.

3. You will be contacted by either a third party REO agency or the lender's in-house department where they will explain everything to you including if they provide Cash for Keys (most major lenders will pay any tenants between 1-2 months worth of mortgage payments to leave at a certain date with the property in broom swept condition).

4. If you're looking for status updates your best bet is a real estate attorney, NOT a real estate agent. Most RE attorneys provide initial consults for free.

5. Look up the property pin number and check the county comptroller to see when exactly the lis pendens was filed. Foreclosure cases normally take up to one year and normally 2-3 months for a default judgement to be executed. So find out when the process occurred.

6. You normally have grounds to take the landlord to court on the grounds of anticipatory repudiation.

7. Also, while you are legally liable for the rent until the bank owns the property you might want to speak with an attorney about paying your landlord the rent. They can't tell you not to, but there are instances where the landlord won't have time to collect as they're losing the property.

Keep in mind the process normally takes MONTHS giving you ample time to prepare.

DISCLAIMER: Do not substitute this for paid legal consul, consult an attorney immediately. Yada, yada, yada.

-Good luck
UbuntuMatrix

Old 10-13-2009, 03:29 AM

You have all been immensely helpful to me, and I so much appreciate it. Luckily we have a little bit more time to move out and hopefully something good will come up.

Thanks again for such nice replies!

Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I hope everything works out for you. I think to find a place you will have better luck through a private owner. I have seen some adds on craigslist with will work with credit issues. Sometimes if you have a cosigner they will allow you to rent. Good luck to you and hope things work out.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Red face Thanks Again For the Support!

Just an update -- we are still looking, but keeping a positive attitude! Thanks so much for the well wishes and advice!

Old 02-13-2016, 07:27 AM

2 posts, read 2,800 times
I'm trying to find places that rent with no credit check bc I have 3 kids living with someone that mistreats I'm going to be honest I have 3 giving evictions one from a marriage separation I left he came bck crying needed a loan promised me he would have my money for rent by my due date and lied and also the other 2 from the same place says they evicted me twice how the hell the place got sold we told the new guy we had mold that the old guy didn't handle and he said he just collects the money so I said when it's done will pay he said he had a family has to get paid my now 3 yr old got sick he didn't care evicted us and the guy before never had problems he was just old and got sick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach