Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 02:20 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,783,001 times

Advertisements

Seeing nice condo's as cheap as $50,000 online. Are these livable places? Would i be able to get a nice condo within 1.5 miles distance of the beach for $75,000?

How difficult is it to get a job? I have a college degree in Economics and experience working at retail banks, but i am open to any type of work.

If anyone knows any apt's in the area that would be willing to do month to month lease it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 02:31 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,404,660 times
you can find month to months on Craigslist once in awhile.
the 50k apts are surprisingly nice. (some of them) I've shown a few that if I was in that price point I wouldn't mind living in them. Casablanca in Boynton is close to the beach. They are tough to get financed there though...
Job's are a little harder right now, but with economy in the tank they're tough in most places.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:36 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,783,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
you can find month to months on Craigslist once in awhile.
the 50k apts are surprisingly nice. (some of them) I've shown a few that if I was in that price point I wouldn't mind living in them. Casablanca in Boynton is close to the beach. They are tough to get financed there though...
Job's are a little harder right now, but with economy in the tank they're tough in most places.
Thanks for the response. Why are they tough to be financed? I have 20% cash for a down payment (up to $75,000).

Old 09-04-2009, 08:11 PM

The amount of short sales/foreclosures in the complex makes it harder to get a loan. Most condo complexes are tougher to get a loan right now. You are usually looking at $350 a month for HOA's as well.
You'd probably be better off putting less percentage down and getting a slightly more expensive townhome vs. a condo right now. If you can swing the payments comfortably of course. Actually there are some decent townhomes in the 70-80k range.

Being a recent college grad you'll probably like the Renaissance Commons area. Lots of restaurants, couple good gyms, shopping, and it's still only like a ten minute drive to the beach.

I work in the area if you decide to come down I'd be happy to help you.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 AM

467 posts, read 1,490,502 times
I could be wrong but I thought the units in Renaissance Commons were more
than $75,000..If I were you, I would rent and get your bearings on an area
before I would buy something...just my opinion..of course there's nothing like
owning your own place. Check out realtor.com and put in the zip code for
Boynton Beach, apartment rentals...There are so many...from what I have seen you can sign a year lease for $800 on up on a nice apt...But I think you
would like the Renaissance Commons in boynton Beach...lots of restaurants,
bars, the mall..probably only 3 to 4 miles from the beach...Good luck in your
search.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:28 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,836,150 times
If I were you I would rent first before buying. That gives you time to get a feel for the different areas. I moved from out of state and it takes time to find what one likes. There are many factors and it is different for everyone depending. Especially since you don't have a job yet that could give you more flexibility in looking. If you found a job an hour away from Boynton for ex you may not want to live there. Month to month is hard. Especially in season. I tried to find my mom a place and most wanted at least 3 cause some condo are only allowed 1 rental a year. Those came with a price in season like 2000-3000 a month furnished. Off season you would have better chances of finding. Also some add in tax for anything less then 7 or 9 months can't remember. Have you looked on craisglist though at sublets?

Old 09-05-2009, 09:34 AM

yeah, I mentioned the Renaissance Commons area, not an actual unit in the complex. There are a few different areas within a mile or so that are around that range. Renting for awhile is always a good idea, but as mentioned tougher to do come season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach