Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:43 AM

173 posts, read 680,613 times

Advertisements

It is said that Jupiter (And the rest of Northern PBC) is more laid-back than the rest of PB county and anything below that, but is it laid-back like on the "Martin County" level or wat? I know it is more built up so generally it's gonna be a little more fast paced than Martin but I was just wondering by how much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:40 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Parts of Jupiter are more laid back than others! Parts are very materialistic and big money, while other parts are more down to earth and "real."

Tequesta, just North of Jupiter is slow on a "Martin County" level.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the info! I was just wondering, b/c when SOME ppl on this site say Jupiter is still like "Old Florida", I was wondering how true that was, especially compared to Martin C.O..

Old 08-19-2009, 08:21 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
I wouldnt say Jupiter is "Old FL"... but that's me... it's definitely better than a lot of other cities, and I'm sure it is somewhat laid back, but not what I'd call "Old Florida." Old FL to me atleast, is southern, friendly, etc... and I wouldnt say that about Jupiter. I'm sure there are nice people there, but "friendly" doesnt really come to mind. Another thing about Jupiter is the snob factor. I know people in Highlands NC that have as much money if not MORE and they dont have this sense of "I'm better than everyone else" which seems to be FAR more evident in South FL.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
I wouldnt say Jupiter is "Old FL"... but that's me... it's definitely better than a lot of other cities, and I'm sure it is somewhat laid back, but not what I'd call "Old Florida." Old FL to me atleast, is southern, friendly, etc... and I wouldnt say that about Jupiter. I'm sure there are nice people there, but "friendly" doesnt really come to mind. Another thing about Jupiter is the snob factor. I know people in Highlands NC that have as much money if not MORE and they dont have this sense of "I'm better than everyone else" which seems to be FAR more evident in South FL.
Oh ok thanks. I just wanted someone to shed some light on that matter. What brought this on is that I got suspicious of the claim that Jupiter is "Laid-Back & Old Florida" when I was looking at some photos of around the city, and while beautfiul, it gave me the impression of big money and pretentiousness. However, being as it is closer to Martin County than the rest of PB county is, I was wondering if the pace of life was similar between the two.

Last edited by rickyd; 08-19-2009 at 11:46 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 06:32 AM

162 posts, read 679,207 times
I think it's more laid back than most other areas of South Florida, but the old Florida feel is long gone. Was up in High Springs this past weekend, now that's old Florida..

I love Jupiter but just like anywhere else here in South Florida it has its share of fools. I think the lack of population in Martin allows it to have a more slower pace. There seems to be more mom and pop places as well, which is always a good thing..

Old 08-22-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Parts of Jupiter are more laid back than others! Parts are very materialistic and big money, while other parts are more down to earth and "real."

Tequesta, just North of Jupiter is slow on a "Martin County" level.
So how similar is Tequesta to say, Stuart?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:53 PM

590 posts, read 1,012,557 times
Rickyd,

before making comparisons, understand that Stuart is much bigger than tequesta. Tequesta is a pretty small village in the north-eastern corner of Palm Beach County. Stuart is miuch n-bigger and spread out.
Stuart still has a Martin County pace, which is less frantic than PB County, especially Southern PB County.
Jupiter is a nice place overall. There are differences between some Jupiter areas, like 33478 (Jupiter Farms) where there is a sense of "rural" life although you soon realize that this is the "upscale" rural, or 33458 the Downtown and estern part of Jupiter, busier with plazas and restaurants but still not as chaotic as the rest of the County.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Rickyd,

before making comparisons, understand that Stuart is much bigger than tequesta. Tequesta is a pretty small village in the north-eastern corner of Palm Beach County. Stuart is miuch n-bigger and spread out.
Stuart still has a Martin County pace, which is less frantic than PB County, especially Southern PB County.
Jupiter is a nice place overall. There are differences between some Jupiter areas, like 33478 (Jupiter Farms) where there is a sense of "rural" life although you soon realize that this is the "upscale" rural, or 33458 the Downtown and estern part of Jupiter, busier with plazas and restaurants but still not as chaotic as the rest of the County.
Thanks. I didn't know much about Tequesta. I just seen one poster above mention that it was slow-paced like on a Martin County level, so I just wanted to know more about it.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:52 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
Thanks. I didn't know much about Tequesta. I just seen one poster above mention that it was slow-paced like on a Martin County level, so I just wanted to know more about it.
In May on another forum you said your price range is under $130,000. [URL]https://www.city-data.com/forum/fort-myers-cape-coral-area/648377-bonita-springs-estero-jupiter-help-me.html#post11361709[/URL] You will never find a house in Tequesta in that price range. There are some 1 and 2 bedroom condos available, however.

I'm in the same range, so I've spend a lot of time looking. It all depends on what you're willing to settle for to be in the area you desire. Sebastian is nice, but I'm guessing it would be much too rural or slow paced for you. However, it's definitely laid back and there are some beautiful beaches along A1A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach