Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 AM

593 posts, read 1,915,928 times

Advertisements

i have gone up to west palm/palm beach a few times and imagine that the scene for singles would be better than in boca. the apartment i found is close to citiplace and close to the bridge to the island, south of clematis.

is there a decent singles scene for educated and particular late 30's early 40's types?

as a single parent i have every other weekend free and in pompano i am bored to tears as the beachy/boaty type isn't for me (i burn in about 5 minutes in the sun so the outdoorsy guys are not looking for my type - i am more likely to enjoy a museum or ice skating). i am a natural type, don't like nailpolish or botox, don't drive a status car (but have a nice safe new car), and am pretty artsy but from boca, and have a taste for fine food and wine, etc. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 AM

5,010 posts, read 10,687,874 times
I don't think that West Palm would be any different than Pompano. In fact, I think that the entire state of Florida does not value education, especially in women. Moreover, most people in the West Palm area are married and not looking for any new friends, especially among people who are single. There are certainly plenty of cultural activies in WPB but you will be doing most of them alone.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
There are lots of cultural activities and volunteer opportunities that can help you meet new people and potential mates in and around the West Palm Beach/Palm Beach area. Not yet being 30, however, I cannot comment on the "singles scene" for that age group.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM

590 posts, read 1,012,696 times
"Cultural" and South Florida don't go very well together. Sounds like you would enjoy living in a real city (doesn't have to be NY, even Charlotte, NC would probably fit better for you).

Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 PM

593 posts, read 1,915,928 times
Oh, come on. I was at the Norton yesterday. That IS culture baby! Just, all the other people there were over 70.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Were you at the Norton during the day? If so, that could explain it, lol!

Admittedly, the crowd and action is better "in season" than now, in the dead of summer. The Palm Beach County cultural website, however, can offer a list of places to go, things to see, and groups to join that will help you meet people (and, probably more importantly, people who know people who are also single).

You're not new to PBC though, so you know the "singles" scene for 30+ is not going to be the same as, say, New York or Chicago.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:05 AM

5,010 posts, read 10,687,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
Oh, come on. I was at the Norton yesterday. That IS culture baby! Just, all the other people there were over 70.
Like I said...

Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,789 times
I believe having the right attitude no matter where you live makes a big difference! But I did want to comment on your interests. Sounds like we should switch places. You come up to Wisconsin and I will move down to South Florida. I love boating, warm weather, jogging outdoors, the water and the beach. I also love showing off my feminine side by dressing up and going out! If you like iceskating and museums you should live up North! Their not weather dependent activities!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach