Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 07:50 AM

29 posts, read 175,674 times

Advertisements

I took a relatively short drive from West Palm Beach upto Juno Beach this morning, wanting to see the beach and Juno Pier. The beach was not as impressive as I was expecting, I mean it was very nice, but I was expecting more from what people have said about it. Anyway, I *was* really impressed with how lovely the town of Juno Beach itself was. Very beautiful town. Now I know West Palm Beach and Palm Beach are the northern end of Florida's Gold Coast, and I thought that Jupiter was the southern end of the Treasure Coast.... So where does that leave Juno Beach? Is it the Treasure Coast or Gold Coast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 08:17 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,510 times
I believe it's the gold coast because it is south of jupiter

Old 05-02-2009, 10:48 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Juno Beach is part of the Gold Coast. The Treasure Coast is north of it.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:56 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
However, I was surprised to see it (and Palm Beach) discussed and advertised in Treasure Coast magazine one day.

I found out that's because the Treasure Coast Regional Planning commission includes them in their work.

Next time, drive a bit further up to Tequesta. Go see the beaches there especially at the state park. My mother lived at Broadview and the best thing is that Rt 1 is right on the Intracoastal and it's not a dumpy route one area. The beach is practically visable from the ICW. It's my favorite town besides Vero. Yes, the beaches need help on occasion they erode so it's possible that you'll see that sometimes but they are peaceful and clean.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 PM

thanks for responding guys.

I often see or hear in marketing, something to the effect of
'Palm Beach and the Treasure Coast' or
'The Palm Beaches and the Treasure Coast'
which is pretty obvious given the Palm Beaches proximity to the southern TC-- as both are in the same county--(whether the southern end is Juno or Jupiter) Different market than Miami-Fort Lauderdale I guess. Yet confusing since Palm Beach is part of South Florida and (AFAIK) the TC is not.

It's also interesting, IMO, to read differing takes on what defines something. In this case, sometimes you can find something online that states Juno Beach is the southern end of the TC

i.e.
Juno Beach, Florida, Palm Beach County

Quote:
Located on the southern end of the Treasure Coast, Juno Beach is a quaint seaside residential community on a barrier island between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway.
While other things (from the same website) say it's Jupiter:

Jupiter Florida, Palm Beach County, Jupiter Real Estate

Quote:
Jupiter, on the southern tip of the Treasure Coast, enjoys the international reputation like no other location on the East Coast of the United States, for guiding ships throughout the centuries. It protrudes further out into the Atlantic Ocean than any other point in Florida and even today, when planning their routes south, shipmen consider this an important point of reference. This important nautical reputation was further enhanced with the construction of the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse in the 1800s.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I have always understood "Treasure Coast" to mean Martin, St. Lucie, and Indian River Counties. Juno and Tequesta would thus be Gold Coast, though near the Northern end of same.

"Gold Coast" is Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade.

"Space Coast" is Brevard County

BTW, some people ONLY consider "Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade" as "South Florida." The Treasure Coast is too South to be part of "Central Florida," though, so a lot of times I just say, "Southern Florida"....

A lot of Northern Palm Beach County has a more relaxed feel than Southern Palm Beach County (say, North Palm Beach -- Northwards), and especially near Tequesta, which is probably one of the most "old Florida" feeling areas left in Palm Beach County. I really like the drive along US-1 down from Hobe Sound into Palm Beach County and into Tequesta and Jupiter and Juno Beach. Beautiful scenery, interesting topography, sand dunes, etc.

Realtor websites are not reliable EVER. I have a major problem with realtors who do not do their research. I remember seeing the house my friends just bought here in West Palm Beach being advertised as in Flamingo Park, a historic neighborhood, when in fact, they bought in "SoSo," three miles away.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Right SuburbanGuy...but when they say "on southern end of the Treasure Coast", that's technically true, it's boundary is contiguous and begins on the TC's southern end.

Yeah, it's all marketing. Probably because they're trying to attract the people who want migrate to a less dense area.

Like here in Vero the motto is "where the Tropics begin" but in reality this year it was darn cold ALOT like in the 30's overnight many many weeks! NOT tropical...(I didn't mind but wasn't "prepared" for that either), I had to dig out my Northern clothing for before noon when the sun warmed things up, not a big deal but running the HEAT does factor into your expenses and my heat costs were HIGH for those couple of months...next year I'll do things differently.).

Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I really like the drive along US-1 down from Hobe Sound into Palm Beach County and into Tequesta and Jupiter and Juno Beach. Beautiful scenery, interesting topography, sand dunes, etc.

I've only seen an extremely limited stretch of South Florida in the 5 weeks that I've been down here, but I'm so very amazed by the scenery, the homes, the foliage, etc., from Palm Beach to Juno Beach, along A1A. It's truly a feast for the eyes.

Last edited by SuburbanGuy; 05-03-2009 at 10:33 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 PM

88 posts, read 413,719 times
Its actually informally known as the "Celestial Coast" which encumpases the "planet " surrounding towns / cities.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty911 View Post
Its actually informally known as the "Celestial Coast" which encumpases the "planet " surrounding towns / cities.
You made that up, right? I never heard of it and there's not a single hit on google with that term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach