Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 7,003 times

Advertisements

Greetings: I will be visiting a relative in Juno Beach at the end of February for a week, and wondering if anyone can give some ideas on what's fun to do (besides the usual beach-related activities). I come from a beach area (Outer Banks, NC) and want to see/do other things also that are unique to that area. Found there is a State Park close, along with a Loggerhead Center. Suggestions anyone?
Also, I enjoy bicycle riding here on our bike bath, and wonder if there are places to rent bikes, and also safe places, trails to ride in the area off of the highway. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 06:21 PM

162 posts, read 680,221 times
Check out Riverbend Park in Jupiter (Indiantown Road about a mile west of the Turnpike). Miles of shell rock trails for biking/walking. Don't think they have bike rentals there but I could be wrong. They do have onsite canoe rentals for a trip down the Loxahatchee River.

You can rent bikes from the local J-Town bike shops (there is one in Juno).

Old 12-07-2009, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,298 times
My wife and I were in Juno this past March and found the bike trail along ocean drive to great. It's about 10 + miles round trip. You may want to go further North from just south of the Blowing Rocks park to Jupiter Island --we found the auto traffic to be light. The Riverbend Park is good for a leisure ride but not for long distance biking. Ken

Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,984,614 times
I am/was a bicycle commuter and live in Juno.
Juno is great for biking. Depending on your physical
condition there are many great rides you can do seeing
great scenery and relative safety. There arent any off-raod
trails unless you go into a park, but the road riding is really nice.
If you want a nice work out you can go from Singer Island to
Jupiter Island. There are a few scary areas, like crossig the bridge,
but overall, a very pleasant, safe ride.
PS. Im sure you already know but just in case you dont...Whenver
you are riding down the Shore side of A1A/Ocean Road, keep your
bike to the waaaay right of the bike lane . People in cars toss thier
doors open without so much as a glance. OUCH !
Have fun

Old 12-13-2009, 04:47 PM

475 posts, read 1,499,932 times
In February, you should be able to go to some Spring Training Baseball Games at Abacoa. If you are a fisherman, there is a Drift Boat out of the Jupiter Inlet. There are also some charter boats. The Jupiter Lighthouse is open for climbing to the top. You can also rent canoes and canoe through Johanthan Dickinson State Park. If you are in to history; I would recommend learning about the Indian Wars at Riverbend Park, the Dubois Home at Inlet Park, the Flagler Museum in Palm Beach. If you are in Palm Beach, take a stroll along the intercoastal or walk Worth Avenue.
There should be some wonderful venues offered at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts on Okeechobee Blvd. in West Palm Beach. The South Florida Fair starts in January and runs for several weeks, and may still be going on during your visit. Also if the ocean is active, visit Blowing Rocks Preserve on Jupiter Island.

Lots to do, and the weather should be wonderful. Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach