Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 9,046 times

Advertisements

we will already have a 45 min commute from here...so to us its more than a "hop, skip, and jump." Also, seemed like mostly ranch homes out there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 01:17 AM

2 posts, read 5,823 times
I agree. Me moved to porto sol in march from pa. We looked at 45 propeties in the area including foreclosures. We choose porto sol with our agent being familar with minto being he lives in olympia. Best move we coukd have made. Minto will do anything to make you happy after the sale. Resales were the same price and not many had what we wanted. (stainless, tile, ect ). As for the location, it couldnt be better. 441 has everything you need.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM

4 posts, read 7,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojagert View Post
I know this post is a few months old but I thought I would add to it anyway so maybe the info can help a few others.

We are moving from outside Philly to the South Florida area. My wife is tasked with expanding her companies presence here so we did not have much of a choice...she will actually be working in Pompano. We just sold our house in PA with 13 acres!!!...so coming here to S.Florida with these sardine can lots is a bit of a shock. We have been exhaustively searching here for a decent home to get started in that has some yard...we have 2 large dogs...a German Shepherd and Great Dane. We found 2 very nice homes but at the last moment our realtor decided to check in Porto Sol for any quick delivery homes....we were in luck with a few available. We bought the home that day and should close in 30 days.

The pricing is well below that listed on the site....we got a 4 bedroom with a huge pie lot for 265K...with many nice upgrades. Plenty of room for dogs and a future pool. We saw many homes here and many were still asking too much or they were completely trashed. We just got a huge lot with new construction and warranty, new appliances, etc... for less than many short sales...without the hassle. We know little about the area but feel we did very well compared to everything else we had seen. There were some great deals is Madison Greene...one of which was going to be our top choice but they were asking 299000 for a 5 year old house..but it was nice. So my suggestion is to do alot of online research and then get a great realtor and shop around. There will always be something you do not like but you have to make some sacrifices...especially at this price range. Best of luck to all in this market....

Were you happy with your realtor back then? We are looking to move to the area and would need some help finding a trustworthy realtor. We currently live in Chicago.
Thanks...

Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 PM

3 posts, read 4,445 times
i moved to this portosol community not long ago and too many problems with HOA already..totally regretting now ...if u want to know more details, anybody can ask me..for everybody from my experiences is to make sure you will get to do what you want before you buy ..good luck

Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 PM

5 posts, read 21,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugulay View Post
i moved to this portosol community not long ago and too many problems with HOA already..totally regretting now ...if u want to know more details, anybody can ask me..for everybody from my experiences is to make sure you will get to do what you want before you buy ..good luck

What kind of problems have you had with the HOA?

Old 11-02-2011, 04:33 PM

eventhough you can have big yard in this portosol, you won't b able to do what you want ...like in backyard, sideyard or even in the property of inside the fence..feel like you own the house but HOA is the boss telling you what u should do and do not in every single little bit..and they are changing the rules all the time..i m trying to move out from here and also trying to file lawsuit ..i know if i say all these things here,i wont b able to sell my house not easy..but i am really not happy at all comparing with all my friends from other community and i want everybody think twice and ask them first and get approval first what you want to do with your yard and your outside of house before you buy..if anybody knows laws about HOA, please contact me ..any lawyer is welcome to contact too..good luck to all..

Old 11-02-2011, 04:45 PM

one more thing..if you only want to stay inside the house, this community is the one with cheaper homes..if you want to feel safe in the community, so far is ok ..but the gates r open almost the whole day and anybody can come in..

Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM

584 posts, read 1,690,996 times
HOA in Florida is completely out of control I think.

What's so difficult to keep the gate closed ? They always keep the gates wide open during the day, some even wide open 24/7.

I know people in California and the gates are doing what they are supposed to do: Use your access card to open the gate or call owner to have the gate open.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,431 times
I m not seeing any gates wide open 24/7 around my area.Eventhough they open the whole day,usually they have security guy at the gate or security camera.If the gate is open , should not have HOA fee for this.I have a friend who lives in palm beach gardens and their homes average price are around 500k.They can even plant fruits trees in the front yard. They have all kinds of fruit trees and vegetables with no problem HOA. I think people move to florida community area for these reasons like they want to enjoy warm weather or they want to do gardening or safer with the community gates. I hope everybody can enjoy moving to florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach