Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:01 PM

87 posts, read 250,433 times

Advertisements

10,000 is tiny!! My parents moved to Coral Springs from Manhattan in the early '70s.

Now THAT was a culture shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 06:14 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,952,961 times
El Cid? If you liked El Cid you would love Vic. Park or Coral Ridge Isles in Ft. Lauderdale, and it happens to be a closer commute...that would meet (but push) your 30 minute requirement. The "other side" isn't even half as bad as the other side of WPB.

As far as Hobe Sound and Stuart, VERY nice but if you worked in WPB!

If Parkland is too far though, than Victoria Park is way too far and WPB might as well be in California. Parkland isn't more than 20 minutes from the absolute furthest points of Boca.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:18 PM

I've never even heard of Coral Ridge Isles?! And I went to school in Ft. Laud. Let me check it out...

Old 08-15-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1010 View Post
I've never even heard of Coral Ridge Isles?! And I went to school in Ft. Laud. Let me check it out...
Coral Ridge Isles/Imperial Point is west of US1, so it IS close to some bad areas. There are also some really nice neighborhoods east of US1, basically ANYTHING along Bayview Dr will meet your criteria. Also that area on the east side has one of the best elementary schools in the state if you were to settle in. Check out Lighthouse Point too. Boca has some areas that are kind of like that too, like Palm Beach Farms area.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Maybe it's just what is available now, but I don't see the comparison between El Cid and Coral Ridge Isles. ??

El Cid Real Estate - West Palm Beach

Coral Ridge Isles | Homes - Fort Lauderdale Real Estate

I'm really digging the Southland Park vibe though (through the ether of course). How does the traffic flow? Up in CT, everyone goes south to Stamford/Greenwich/NYC, so I-95 south is a mess. 95 north is a breeze.

If we lived around Southern and my husband worked on Cliint Moore and Military (where I think he'll end up), what do you think that would be like?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:30 PM

No, not Coral Ridge Isles, Victoria Park and chiefly Victoria Park and also Rio Vista Isles. Coral Ridge Isles is a mostly 60s built area but just has a tight knit feel. I-95 will be fine either direction but you are still talking about 40 or so minutes to an hour (if there is an accident) from that area of WPB. Victoria Park would run closer to 30 and the flow is similar (however the drivers are worse). I brought up the Bayview Dr area and Coral Ridge as well as Palm Beach Farms because it would be a commute/neighborhood compromise.

Sorry if it gets confusing .

Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,046,975 times
Quote:
10,000 is tiny!! My parents moved to Coral Springs from Manhattan in the early '70s.

Now THAT was a culture shock.
10,000 is a city. 500 is tiny. 2,000 is a small town.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM

Ohhhh, I see! I do remember Bayview and know that it is very nice. Having grown up in Broward, I think I'm a little biased against moving there. Not that it's bad or anything, but it reminds me of being a kid.

I could look into Palm Beach Farms I suppose. I've never heard of that area. My husband would not be happy with 40 min+ traveling. Ugh...

Old 08-15-2008, 06:43 PM

Lily, where I live now (town of Fairfield in Fairfield County, CT), the population is around 65,000 and it feels very small! That is one aspect of moving to FL that appeals to me.

I like the tight-knit aspect of our little community (they call it a village within Fairfield), but I felt the same way when I lived in Greenwich Village: a little area where you know people and they know you, but you're surrounded by a ton of others.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,046,975 times
Quote:
Lily, where I live now (town of Fairfield in Fairfield County, CT), the population is around 65,000 and it feels very small! That is one aspect of moving to FL that appeals to me.

I like the tight-knit aspect of our little community (they call it a village within Fairfield), but I felt the same way when I lived in Greenwich Village: a little area where you know people and they know you, but you're surrounded by a ton of others.
Where I live, in Palm City, the population is around 25,000, and it is far and away the biggest place I've ever lived. (except college). I can't wait until we can get out of here and live in a small town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach