Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 08:19 AM

101 posts, read 381,210 times

Advertisements

I just started my 14 month son here... So far it seems ok. Can anyone tell me their opinons of this daycare?? I heard that it doesn't have a very good rep is that true?? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 AM

20 posts, read 87,533 times
I think my wife checked this place out for our son who happens to be 14 months old too. I don't know if there was a waiting list or some other reason why we didn't choose Chesterbrook. We are taking our son to the Montessori School at PGA and so far, so good.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:31 AM

101 posts, read 381,210 times
we looked at that one too, and the lady we met with wasn't to nice to us and a little disorganized to say the least. Chesterbrook was in between home and work so it was a little more convienent. But im starting to have second thoughts about my choice...

Old 07-07-2008, 02:52 PM

20 posts, read 87,533 times
I wouldn't give the Montessori school a flat out thumbs up either. You are right that they didn't seem like they were completely on top of things. The lady you are talking about definitely has her opinions but she showed some compromise in something they were doing that we didn't approve.

Our son seems like he truly likes to go. The first week or so was tough on him (and on us!).

What it comes down to is that there aren't a lot of options out there!

Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM

895 posts, read 4,247,796 times
My replies are based on opinions made three years ago when I looked at these pre-schools so things might have changed:

Chesterbrook was okay. It was between this school and another closer to my house and the distance made the decision. I know someone who has been there for seven years (with two children) and is very happy. She is a very discerning (picky) woman and highly recommends it to everyone. One of my friends got a job there teaching in the 2yo room (2007) and left after three months. She felt it was disorganized and the disbursement of children was based on the senior teachers' wishes (sr. teacher preferred girls in her room so her class was 80% girls while the other class was 80% boys--my friend thought that wasn't fair to the teachers or children).

I absolutely despised the Montessori School at PGA. The facilities were very nice and I really liked the playground too. I also liked the two-way mirrors so you could watch what's going on. I had an issue with their curriculum. They did a "take" on Montessori and I didn't feel comfortable with it. I also found that the teachers I met were very stand-offish--maybe they're not there anymore!

P.S.- Others disagree but I tend to feel that for a "rapidly" growing area--the choices for pre-schools in North PBC are lacking.

Best of Luck. We've been to three pre-schools in the last four years and every time we went through the search process--I was a stressed out basket case!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,850 times
Thumbs down Awful!!!!

My child was in the infant room which at the time, fall 09', is at full capacity 16 children to 4 providers. Yes I am a firm believer that experience helps in taking care of children but when experience is replaced by old bitter woman there is a difference. I will list now all the reasons I removed my child from this facility as soon as I can from worst to less worse
1. My child was in the hospital with sinuitis and pnemonia for 7 days. His class mate that was also in the same room was in the hospital the same time with the same symptoms(but was actually worse!)
2. The principal refuses to claim any responsibility for the sickness, ok so that is fine but please make the other parents aware that this is going on and take extra precautions to clean the infant room, where there are 2 babies that are only 7 weeks old!
3. Numerous times when I have picked up my child, a particular provider is either reading a magazine or just sitting there starring at the children. How about some interaction. It is your job to play with the children!
4. A particular provider is especially rough with the children. Not in an abusive way but not in a gentle provider way. For instance patting an infant on the back while they are in their crib so hard the mattress is bouncing or when putting an infant on the changing table by pulling their arm to slide them over.
5. The fact that they Bleach the room every Friday while the infants are in the room and when you go to pick up your child it hurts your head so imagine your infants!!!
6. They want your infant, starting at 9 months-12 months to be served only finger food. I know my child won't feed himself veggies but when coaxed with baby food or homemade purees he will eat it.
7. Last but not least the amount of money you pay to take your child here to say he is going to an ACADEMY is like taking your child to a persons house where they don't care if he is sitting in a dirty diaper or even any passion for what they do or say!!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY OR FIND A BETTER PROGRAM, because this one is NOT WORTH IT!!!

I now have trusted a kind woman to take care of my child until he is 2 years old so he can be enrolled into a Montessori program!!!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 6,548 times
My 2 yr old is at Chesterbrook and I love it there. The options in the area are not great but to me this was the best one. I have yet to see any kind of disorganiztion or mistreatment or cold shoulders from any teacher or employee there. The kids look like they love it and my son has yet to cry one day since we started taking him there over the montessori school that he was at which we would have seperation episodes EVERY day. The 2 yr old class has amazing teachers and I see how much my son has learned.. They are super interactive with the kids and they don't just spend the entire day playing they actually teach the kids educational things that will help them when they go into Elementary.
Totally would be happy putting my child there.
Good Luck though because what is good for one mother isn't what is good for you.
Just look at what is important to you not to anyone else.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 3,501 times
Default Chesterbrook - Good for learning, Concerning for health

I put my son in this school since this Fall and I'm still having mixed opinions. While my son definitely blended here quicker than his previous place and absolutely loves it, his health has not been that good since the second week. I've made more doctor visits these 3 months than I did till he turned 2! Though the Doctors themselves say it is normal for all kids to get infection upto 6 months before they settle down in school, I'm just not satisfied with their once-a-week sanitization for a room of 14 kids! Yes, it is over crowded as well as highly priced with additional fees 30 / 40 bucks for extra classes on music or gym 'within in' the day care hours. However his social skills have improved so much and the activities they do are good. But with just 2 teachers for 12-14 kids, one really can't expect the kids to be fully monitored. not too many options in this region. 
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach