Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 12:46 PM

19 posts, read 34,621 times

Advertisements

Today is January 29th and we're coming up on one year since Covid-19 became known to us all.
Driving down from northeast. Every aspect of life here is dictated by the pandemic. I have heard that is not the case in FLA and yet your infection rates remain low or at least no worse than in the north.
Are restaurants open?
Indoor seating?
Is there a curfew (I'm assuming the answer is no) as well as no overall Lockdown.
Do people wear masks in the larger chain stores?
(FYI, they're now requesting people in my area now wear TWO masks because of more contagious variant.)
Do people generally observe "Social Distancing?"
We live in an elevator building -- the rule is no more than one person at a time so with 20+ floors, it can take a half hour to get out of the building.

I'd appreciate any honest assessment without the left or right political slant, as that's something there's no getting away from.

Merely trying to get a handle on what we can expect. Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 02:37 PM

119 posts, read 237,897 times
Been seeing a lot of people not wearing masks in restaurants near Jupiter, including people right up next to each other at the bar, etc. It's been like this for many months now.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:13 AM

wow! ...ok... thanks for the update.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,097 times
Today is January 29th and we're coming up on one year since Covid-19 became known to us all.
Driving down from northeast. Every aspect of life here is dictated by the pandemic. I have heard that is not the case in FLA and yet your infection rates remain low or at least no worse than in the north.
Are restaurants open?
Indoor seating?
Is there a curfew (I'm assuming the answer is no) as well as no overall Lockdown.
Do people wear masks in the larger chain stores?
(FYI, they're now requesting people in my area now wear TWO masks because of more contagious variant.)
Do people generally observe "Social Distancing?"
We live in an elevator building -- the rule is no more than one person at a time so with 20+ floors, it can take a half hour to get out of the building.

I'd appreciate any honest assessment without the left or right political slant, as that's something there's no getting away from.

Merely trying to get a handle on what we can expect. Many thanks.

Hi yes restaurants are open indoor and outside. The restaurants are suppose to be social distancing. Such as every other table can be used. People are suppose to wear the mask in the restaurant until they are seated then it can be taken off, when you get up to leave or move about you need to put mask on. Any public store you need to wear a mask if you don't someone may say something and you may get kicked out.

We do social distancing in stores. We do not wear more the one face covering it is a person choice to wear more then one. As for elevators it depends on the building. Some have a taped x mark in the elevator to stand on.

You don't need to wear mask outside or in your car(lol). However, if you use any public transportation then you need to wear mask.

FL. is open and the stores are doing pretty good some mom and pop stores/restaurants are still struggling that's why I eat at those type of restaurants. A lot of people have recently moved here from the north or are visiting do to the fact we are not locked down. Hope this helped.

Old 02-03-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelady34 View Post
FL. is open and the stores are doing pretty good some mom and pop stores/restaurants are still struggling that's why I eat at those type of restaurants. A lot of people have recently moved here from the north or are visiting do to the fact we are not locked down. Hope this helped.
Very helpful! Thank you for the update and for taking the time to be so specific. Looking forward to our next chapter!

Old 02-04-2021, 06:10 AM

1,082 posts, read 837,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondeye View Post
Been seeing a lot of people not wearing masks in restaurants near Jupiter, including people right up next to each other at the bar, etc. It's been like this for many months now.
This is great to hear since FL is on our radar.

Old 02-09-2021, 01:42 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,152,385 times
Yes, Florida is packed right now.

You still have to wear a mask to enter a business in South Florida.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:03 PM

425 posts, read 287,406 times
There are many people who are anti-maskers. They won't wear a mask and have a 1001 reasons why is is hazardous to your health. I know a lady who is one of them. Not me, I am always wearing mine. Just beware and expect it.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:05 PM

387 posts, read 517,362 times
As of today 2/9/21 New Covid cases in Palm Beach County continue to "plummet" according to Fl Dept of Health..the lowest weekly increases in more than 3 months..Everything is open..people are wearing masks in the stores, Gyms, etc..and life goes on..Sad NY & NJ can't figure it out...but Florida is a very well run state...and the weather is great...

Old 02-10-2021, 10:03 AM

425 posts, read 287,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yes, Florida is packed right now.

You still have to wear a mask to enter a business in South Florida.

Not all businesses enforce the mask mandate, like Publix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: