Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2021, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,053 times

Advertisements

hi! moving from NJ to southeast florida. young family, not religious and looking for a nice area that has a decent size jewish community with a good, jewish preschool. I'm not sure about Boca bc we are upper middle class and heard Boca can be wealthy and snobby but heard good things too. we can afford up to $450,000 for a 3 bed home 1750+ sq feet (hard to come by now so we're going to wait it out a little). looking for good public schools, good kids, NOT overly crowded. I'm thinking weston, boynton beach, wellington, davie, boca, coral springs, pembroke pines. I don't want to live in a crowded touristy area where there is trouble parking everywhere, huge waits at restaurants and overpriced everything but I love to go out so hopefully the area has amenities golf, hiking, shopping, walking, good restaurants. we both work from home. thank you!!!!

Last edited by kasha579; 01-15-2021 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 07:12 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
As a former Weston resident I will say Weston fits the bill. There are 3 temples in the city (reform, orthodox and conservative). It’s a nice walkable city with wide sidewalks and dedicated bike paths. There’s golf courses no matter what city you settle on; in Weston, the Bonaventure course is public but you can also join the Weston country club (big bucks for that though) if you prefer private.

Lots of city parks for fun and games and the city regularly has free movie nights at the main park for families. My husband calls Weston an oasis of calm in crazy South Florida. When I come down to SFLA to see clients I always love to stay in Weston, as it’s convenient to all the major highways. One of our favorite restaurants is Flannigan’s. Excellent seafood and ribs. Another fave is I Love Tacos for Mexican. Chicken wings? Wings Plus.

My SIL lives in Coral Springs and that city is also another good choice. Your housing budget will go farther there. Great Italian place there, Pizza Time. And to be honest, Boca also hits all your requirements and it has perhaps the largest Jewish population of the 3. The less pretentious side is west of 441. The nicer developments on the west side are north of Palmetto Park Road.

Good luck!

Old 01-17-2021, 11:37 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasha579 View Post
hi! moving from NJ to southeast florida. young family, not religious and looking for a nice area that has a decent size jewish community with a good, jewish preschool. I'm not sure about Boca bc we are upper middle class and heard Boca can be wealthy and snobby but heard good things too. we can afford up to $450,000 for a 3 bed home 1750+ sq feet (hard to come by now so we're going to wait it out a little). looking for good public schools, good kids, NOT overly crowded. I'm thinking weston, boynton beach, wellington, davie, boca, coral springs, pembroke pines. I don't want to live in a crowded touristy area where there is trouble parking everywhere, huge waits at restaurants and overpriced everything but I love to go out so hopefully the area has amenities golf, hiking, shopping, walking, good restaurants. we both work from home. thank you!!!!
Hiking? Umm probably not much but you might find a few nature trails.

Boca fits most of your criteria but more of Boca is average than wealthy. Sure it has multi-million dollar country club communities/waterfront areas but for every mansion there are a dozen regular houses too!

The irony is when the poor people want to brag about living in Boca and you suddenly realize they live in a trailer park in Sandalfoot! Lots of sub 200K condos in west Boca.

If you have some cash, don't need a 400K mortgage this would be a home run for you:
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...6_M67053-28879
Its in Broken Sound (country club, fees are probably 75K first year, 15-20K after that), a predominantly Jewish area with good schools.

Old 01-18-2021, 12:13 PM

9,124 posts, read 6,180,105 times
I'd rather put those mandatory country club fees toward my house. A $75,000 payment in the first year and then $20,000 a year thereafter just for the country club. No way.

Those are huge expenses. Putting that money into my house would be an investment.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,053 times
oh yes, i saw that. club fees of $75k and $20k thereafter. no way. I'm looking for a not so wealthy area. we're upper middle class, not wealthy. $450k for a home and max $300 a month. def not looking for club/sport fees. a gated community yes.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:11 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
If you have some cash, don't need a 400K mortgage this would be a home run for you:
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...6_M67053-28879
Its in Broken Sound (country club, fees are probably 75K first year, 15-20K after that), a predominantly Jewish area with good schools.
These houses do not sell because you are forced to subsidize the country club instead of investing in your home.

It's a BIG problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach