Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 10,341 times

Advertisements

Hi,
we are moving to Delray beach and the area does not have any good public schools. Please recommend private elementary schools in area (could be in Boca ect.)
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 12:27 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinn View Post
Hi,
we are moving to Delray beach and the area does not have any good public schools. Please recommend private elementary schools in area (could be in Boca ect.)
thanks
Regarding the private schools, are you looking for parochial or just straight private?

In the western end of Delray (barely north of Boca), there is Morikami Park Elementary. Excellent school but it's difficult to get into. The entire school is an IB magnet. Your best chances of getting in there would be in kindergarten and possibly first grade. After that, good luck! I tried to get my second grader in there but no dice.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 10,887 times
If You Dont Want Your Kid To Be Called White Boy And Get Picked On You Better Sent Him To A Private School.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:45 PM

467 posts, read 1,488,814 times
Heritage School on Linton Boulevard in West Delray...private.....St. Vincent Ferrer
Catholic school I believe grades 1 through 8....Pope John High School- Military Trail
in Boca Raton....the Morikami school in West Delray is very nice but like the previous
writer said, hard to get into....good Luck

Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,734 times
If you have plenty of $$$$ you have plenty of choices:

American Heritage in Delray is around $15K to $19K/year

American Academy is $21K - $25K/year

St. Andrews in Boca is $17K - $20K/year

That's est. annual tuition depending on grade level for one student.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM

14 posts, read 52,723 times
TRY Summit Private School in Boca. Excellent teachers, wonderful program and very diversified.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM

129 posts, read 671,014 times
My daughter attended American Heritage and she loved it there. It was a stretch for us, but she just could not fit in the public High School system in s. Florida. We have sinced moved to Cary, North Carolina. What a difference in the schools, wished I had moved out of Florida sooner..the schools there are not comparable to the schools here. We wasted many years there. Definitely if you could afford it , I would send my kids to a private school there.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosap View Post
My daughter attended American Heritage and she loved it there. It was a stretch for us, but she just could not fit in the public High School system in s. Florida. We have sinced moved to Cary, North Carolina. What a difference in the schools, wished I had moved out of Florida sooner..the schools there are not comparable to the schools here. We wasted many years there. Definitely if you could afford it , I would send my kids to a private school there.
Urban Dictionary: green hope
Urban Dictionary: Green Hope High

I know somebody that lives up there. He says the high school kids in Cary either inject heroin, think they are from the ghetto, or get bussed to the ghetto. The urbandictionary link was of the "best" school too from what I understand. That sounds really nice! And that's from the kids themselves! Good luck when they bounce your kids into another school next year too. No doubt if you were moving from, say, West Palm Beach or Pompano it would be better though.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:28 PM

129 posts, read 671,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Urban Dictionary: green hope
Urban Dictionary: Green Hope High

I know somebody that lives up there. He says the high school kids in Cary either inject heroin, think they are from the ghetto, or get bussed to the ghetto. The urbandictionary link was of the "best" school too from what I understand. That sounds really nice! And that's from the kids themselves! Good luck when they bounce your kids into another school next year too. No doubt if you were moving from, say, West Palm Beach or Pompano it would be better though.

I appreciate your response. From someone who has lived here for one year, I can tell you that Green Hope High is a great school. I am sure some kids still use drugs, but the schools in Florida do not compare to the schools here. The teachers are involved and care and most kids are respectable and polite.My son likes it here. Fortunately, we will not be affected by the Wake County school system busing because my son will be a senior and my daughter goes to college. Anything is better than WEst Palm Beach . no regrets for us. Everyone needs to make their own choices and living here definitely has its advantages. take care

Old 05-30-2008, 05:40 AM

51 posts, read 355,992 times
S.D. SPADY IN DELRAY BEACH. THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL BUT ITS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HOOD. BUT I STAYED RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOUR KIDS. ITS GATED UP AND THEY MADE MAJOR CHANGES. THAT SCHOOL USED TO BE AN ALL BLACK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. NOW THE BLACK POPULATION IN THAT SCHOOL DROPPED TO 32% AND WHITE IS UP 46%.THINGS ARE CHANGING IN DELRAY BEACH ALOT AS YOU CAN SEE. BUT THATS A PRETTY GOOD SCHOOL. I WAS HANGING OUT WITH MY BOYS AND COUSINS AND WHEN WE WAS VIBING AT POMPEY PARK WE NOTICED HOW THEM BUSES WHERE FILLED WITH WHITE-AMERICANS. BUT ITS A GREAT SCHOOL. OH ITS NOT PRIVATE ITS A EXCELLENT MAGNET SCHOOL SO GIVE IT A TRY.

S.D. SPADY:
S. D. Spady Elementary School - Delray Beach, Florida - FL - School overview

S.D. SPADY MAPPED IN DELRAY:
S D Spady Elementary School - Delray Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach