Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,176 times

Advertisements

Hi we’re from the UK. My son (22) is just finishing university and has been offered a job in West Palm Beach, starting in September for a 2 year contract.
Have looked back through old post here and have made lots of notes.
We have spent a lot of vacation time in Florida over the last 38 years but mainly Orlando and the Gulf Coast areas, but know little about West Palm Beach and its surroundings.
He will be looking for a 2 bed apartment to rent, preferably with good gym /pool etc. (careers one thing but leisure times also important ….lol. ).
Budget around $1400 but obviously we have no idea of commute times, so don’t know how far out of WPB to look.

We have already been advised to avoid Riviera Beach and Lake Worth areas, but need suggestion on where else to look / not to look ?
The idea of a 2 bed is that we can switch our vacation plans to WPB instead of the gulf coast so will sub him the difference in cost over a 1 bed in return for him enjoying the pleasure of his parents company during vacations.
So any suggestions for a 2 bed apartment rental, with good ammeneties, nice SAFE area, within commuting distance of WPB would be appreciated.
Thank you
Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 12:50 PM

5 posts, read 5,320 times
There are plenty of places around West Palm Beach and surrounding communities that you should be able to find for around that price. Depending on where he will be working in West Palm Beach there are lots of great places hidden in WPB, Lake Worth..... Boynton Beach, Delray, etc. It's all about the area and of course, the time it would take him to get to work. Even Wellington and Royal Palm Beach could be close-distance wise, but that might not be the type of environment he is looking for.

The one thing to recognize about Palm Beach County is that the boundaries are very loose. I live in Wellington... my work address, 8 miles away, is in West Palm Beach, and the Target down the road from me is technically a Lake Worth address. Instead of focusing on the specific city, I would put the address of any apartment community into this website: https://www.crimestopperspbc.com/crime-map/

You will be shocked how quickly the crime rates change from neighborhood to neighborhood. Once you've narrowed down some places check out google maps to see the commute time.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you narrow it down a bit and are wondering about a specific location.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:19 PM

5,025 posts, read 7,468,455 times
Unfortunately 1400 for a 2 bedroom won’t put you in a safe area.
Can the budget be raised?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach