Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2008, 09:37 PM

2 posts, read 11,573 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have family members who are seriously considering a move to either Mirabella at Mirasol (Palm Beach Gardens) or Abacoa (Mallory Creek). They have 3 children, aged 3, 6 and 8 whom they would like to send to public schools. They are really undecided between the two areas. They seem to have gotten the impression that the schools are better in Abacoa, but they seem to like the housing style in Mirabella. Could anyone shed some light on lifestyles (pros and cons) of living in these two areas? Has anyone had any experiences (good/bad) with the builders (DiVosta/Mallory Creek or Kenco/Mirabella). What is living in Abacoa with all schools, shops, recreation on site like? Is having such a density of housing in Abacoa a negative when it comes to selling your home? Any insight into these areas would be appreciated. Thanks. Marilyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 11,324 times
I would move to Mirasol rather then Abacoa. I think that the elementary school for both places will be Mirasol Elementary (not sure) and it opens next year. Currenty, Mirasol kids currently go to Timber Trace Elementary (my son goes here also) which is, and has been for a long time, an "A" rated school.
As for the resale of your home, either place has rapidly declining home values right now.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:46 PM

3 posts, read 18,240 times
We're currently renting a Divosta home, built a few years ago. Lots of white--cabinets, walls, etc. Great construction, however. Mallory Creek is their newest neighborhood and I've heard they've made some changes to interior colors. Mirasol is the new elementary school. As far as I know, no Abacoa neighborhoods will be zoned for that school, but that is always subject to change (I'd check the Palm Beach County Schools website for accurate zoning info). Downtown Abacoa is a lot of fun this time of year with baseball. Agree with PBNative on home prices. There is A LOT for sale right now and things aren't moving.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:41 AM

12 posts, read 75,565 times
Default Re: Mirabella

I would think the choice is pretty simple. I am a realtor who works both areas but I live in Abacoa. The lifestyles are very different between Mirabella At Mirasol and Abacoa. I have attached a couple of community videos that might help with your choices.

Steven Schafer
Boca Executive Realty
Boca Executive Realty - Boca Raton Real Estate

Here is a list of all the current homes for sale in Mirabella:
Mirabella Palm Beach Gardens - Mirabella Homes for Sale - Palm Beach Gardens Real Estate

Here is a list of all the current homes for sale in Abacoa:
Abacoa Jupiter - Abacoa Homes for Sale - Jupiter Real Estate

I hope these help answer some of the questions.
Steven

Old 06-20-2010, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 10,609 times
Mirabella by FAR! No doubt about it, highly regarded area in Palm Beach Gardens, luxury GATED community, significantly more luxurious than Abacoa which is not even gated and where homes are built on top of each other.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:01 AM

162 posts, read 679,801 times
Both have their advantages. If you are into a gated community with Mediterranean architecture and larger lots than Mirabella is your best bet. Abacoa, by design, has a variety of different architecture, is more compact, and generally follows the New Urbanist community style.

Both have great schools....

Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
The areas are comparable... yet very different lifestyles. If you want the gated community lifestyle, go for Mirabella. Mirabella is also part of the larger "Mirasol" development, the more affordable part with no golf equity required. Still, Mirabella's greatest negative, IMO is that the HOA is a bit steep @ around 400+ per month.

Like Native says, Mallory's Creek is part of Abacoa, which is "new urbanist" (which specifically eschews gates and sacrifices yard sizes for public green space and gathering areas). Whereas you will need a car to get anywhere from Mirabella, Abacoa would allow you to walk to town center for dinner, entertainment, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach