Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 10:48 AM

17,871 posts, read 22,708,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Looking online Leisureville looks like a Florida Levittown....
nickname is "Seizureville"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 07:02 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,467,070 times
Very depressing place.

Imperial Villas is probably one of the worst, but some residents have made their front door areas cute. But the place looks like barren scorched earth. Yikes!

Don’t mean to offend anyone. My SFH is not right for me either. I need acres by the woods!

Old 04-06-2018, 01:07 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,873,866 times
Have you went on realtor.com or Zillow and search the areas your interested in,price, dog friendly over 55 or even call a realtor they can have listings sent to you. It can help give you a feel of the community and housing
You mentioned you don't like heat so I encourage you to spend a few weeks visiting in the summer cause summers are long. Its not so much the heat but the humidity.
As for bugs as long as you get pest control for your home you should be fine. I get really freaked out by bugs and geckos which ccasionally do get in the house but even I was not bothered too much.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:36 PM

38 posts, read 50,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Have you went on realtor.com or Zillow and search the areas your interested in,price, dog friendly over 55 or even call a realtor they can have listings sent to you. It can help give you a feel of the community and housing
You mentioned you don't like heat so I encourage you to spend a few weeks visiting in the summer cause summers are long. Its not so much the heat but the humidity.
As for bugs as long as you get pest control for your home you should be fine. I get really freaked out by bugs and geckos which ccasionally do get in the house but even I was not bothered too much.
I have been on realtor.com and zillow. I do have a realtor who seems to think that 55 plus is the way I should go even though I'm not quite sure about it. I'd like to look at all age communities too. I guess the reason I posted on city data is because you people know what these communities are like at least better than I do. You also know the good and bad areas which I don't think my realtor is going to tell me . I guess I just trust the people who live where I want to live and I know that if anybody wanted to come up my way I would want to help them make their decision a little easier. And you all are making it much easier for me and I thank you.

We are coming up in June and hopefully it will be nice and hot And extremely humid. Don't get me wrong we get very humid weather up here in Pennsylvania too in the summer so I think I'll be able to handle it plus I've been to Florida many many times and have experienced their humidity. I'm just hoping I can get used to it 12 months out of the year..heehee. Thanks for the info on the bugs . They can't be much worse than our stink bugs.

Last edited by Yac; 12-07-2020 at 02:46 AM..

Old 04-08-2018, 08:42 AM

3,411 posts, read 1,898,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
5-15 minutes to the beach isn't happening at that price point......unless you drive really fast!
At the low end of 150k that is incorrect.. there ARE some good choices left.

Nice places like Rainberry Bay east of Military are 3 miles from the Ocean.. takes me ~ten minutes to get to beach parking. Other places off Linton east of i-95 even less.. I've lived here 10 years and seen the growth but it's because of money coming from outside... and a lot of it.

They won't last long so giddyap!

Old 04-08-2018, 08:48 AM

3,411 posts, read 1,898,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalouwho View Post
I have been on realtor.com and zillow. I do have a realtor who seems to think that 55 plus is the way I should go even though I'm not quite sure about it. I'd like to look at all age communities too. I guess the reason I posted on city data is because you people know what these communities are like at least better than I do. You also know the good and bad areas which I don't think my realtor is going to tell me . I guess I just trust the people who live where I want to live and I know that if anybody wanted to come up my way I would want to help them make their decision a little easier. And you all are making it much easier for me and I thank you.

We are coming up in June and hopefully it will be nice and hot And extremely humid. Don't get me wrong we get very humid weather up here in Pennsylvania too in the summer so I think I'll be able to handle it plus I've been to Florida many many times and have experienced their humidity. I'm just hoping I can get used to it 12 months out of the year..heehee. Thanks for the info on the bugs . They can't be much worse than our stink bugs.
There are very few 'bad areas' west of I-95.. they are scattered usually in pockets east of I-95 and US1 and you will EASILY detect them. Just look at the landscaping.. NOT the cars.

And the bugs are less of a problem here than on LI.. at least in my experience.

Last edited by Yac; 12-07-2020 at 02:46 AM..

Old 04-11-2018, 03:08 PM

Thank you Pamela. I will look at the landscaping.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:50 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,873,866 times
I used to live in New Jersey so close to Pennsylvania and there was not one day that felt as humid as FL in the summer.
Some people tolerate FL humid weather but for others it is a real issue.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:50 AM

32 posts, read 50,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I used to live in New Jersey so close to Pennsylvania and there was not one day that felt as humid as FL in the summer.
Some people tolerate FL humid weather but for others it is a real issue.
That's very true, just like some of us cannot tolerate the cold. Personally, I don't find it that humid here except right before a very heavy rainfall or hurricane. I used to live in Texas, and it was way more humid there than here. Again, it's all subjective.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:45 AM

Thank you Daniella and Constant Turmoil. What you both said is a problem I worry about. I do Not like the heat and humidity and Hubby hates the cold . The reason hubby is winning this fight is because he had a triple bypass and I would rather he be happy at this time in our lives. I can always stay in the AC and Ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach