Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:43 PM

6 posts, read 13,635 times

Advertisements

Sorry - thought it was $700 - so it is $600/mo which isn't too bad although the Bridges communities pay about $550/mo for a more elaborate clubhouse and operating restaurant. So they definitely have the best deal. I do wish landscaping was included at the Oaks. We do have a new restaurant and the remaining clubhouse is being redone. I think food options at a clubhouse are a big plus in terms of increasing its use. Best of luck with RPP - I hope they move along quickly and give up on reserving half of the community for the more expensive models. They should allow the Heritage series homes to be built throughout the neighborhood and even offer additional models to expedite sales. That would have addressed our concern - Living in a home for a few years and seeing empty lots. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 06:43 AM

46 posts, read 70,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksfamily View Post
Sorry - thought it was $700 - so it is $600/mo which isn't too bad although the Bridges communities pay about $550/mo for a more elaborate clubhouse and operating restaurant. So they definitely have the best deal. I do wish landscaping was included at the Oaks. We do have a new restaurant and the remaining clubhouse is being redone. I think food options at a clubhouse are a big plus in terms of increasing its use. Best of luck with RPP - I hope they move along quickly and give up on reserving half of the community for the more expensive models. They should allow the Heritage series homes to be built throughout the neighborhood and even offer additional models to expedite sales. That would have addressed our concern - Living in a home for a few years and seeing empty lots. Time will tell.

Thanks, Best of luck to you and your family at the Oaks. I agree, the Heritage section is selling at a rate that could be sold out in 2 years. The Signature section is selling about two sales a month, very slow. I think once the club house is finished by EOY, this will help sell these lots. Be much more appealing, as it's a complete mess right now with all the construction.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,115 times
School update question? How hard is it if we move to 7B and try to get our kids into Henderson or Morikami? One will be going into 1st and the other 3rd by the time we move. Thx!

Old 07-10-2017, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 30,682 times
Default Looking in the right areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoca View Post
Hi weez747, we are in the same exact situation as you. Two young boys and looked at the same developments you did. We liked royal palm polo but heard it wasn't selling as much. We also loved the oaks but had the same concerns that it's an older development and most people were sending their kids to private school. We are open to both but trying to figure out what to do. We liked 7 bridges but are unsure about the school situation. From talking to people seems some do private some
Do public. I heard American heritage and pincrest as well
But not sure which to do either! For the public school route we really likedPGCC in parkland and heard the schools are good. But we are concerned about location! I don't think the schools will
Be like NY schools so trying to figure out what the best option is! Feel
Free to message me! I have a kindergartner and a 2 year old! Any help anyone can provide would be great!
I understand your concerns and I can definitely help. I have two elementary school children; reside in Seven Bridges; and am intimately informed on the area. If you would like, you can send me a direct message and I can steer you in the right direction. You are assessing all of the right areas. In an effort not to sound too biased, I would suggest you do your due diligence on GL Homes and Toll Brothers. One is definitively higher regarded than the other.

As for private and public schools, it will come down to your personal preference. The public schools for both Toll Bros community, Seven Bridges, and the Bridges are very good and all located in Boca, even though the Bridges communities are officially located in Del Ray. The piece that I haven't heard anyone speak of is the fact that your taxes are appreciably higher if you choose Boca/Toll Bros.

Lastly, Seven Bridges is a very tight knit, social, and vibrantly younger community with a bevy of school age kids. If choosing the community with the greatest number of kids, it will also be Seven Bridges.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:33 AM

9 posts, read 14,254 times
What developments in boca have Chinese drywall problem
Thanks
N.E. BOY

Old 01-10-2018, 09:31 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaLuxury View Post
I understand your concerns and I can definitely help. I have two elementary school children; reside in Seven Bridges; and am intimately informed on the area. If you would like, you can send me a direct message and I can steer you in the right direction. You are assessing all of the right areas. In an effort not to sound too biased, I would suggest you do your due diligence on GL Homes and Toll Brothers. One is definitively higher regarded than the other.

As for private and public schools, it will come down to your personal preference. The public schools for both Toll Bros community, Seven Bridges, and the Bridges are very good and all located in Boca, even though the Bridges communities are officially located in Del Ray. The piece that I haven't heard anyone speak of is the fact that your taxes are appreciably higher if you choose Boca/Toll Bros.

Lastly, Seven Bridges is a very tight knit, social, and vibrantly younger community with a bevy of school age kids. If choosing the community with the greatest number of kids, it will also be Seven Bridges.

Hope this helps.

Weird that you misspelled Delray and the tax issue is moot as both communities are listed as "Unincorporated Palm Beach County" so they will have the identical rates. There could be a special non-advalorem added to one (for roads/sewers) but it is usually less than $1000 a year and considering they are both relatively new I would think they both would have the same charges. Neither community is within city limits of Boca or Delray.

Looked it up, non advalorem is $364 in Bridges, $368 in the Toll community. On the two houses I looked up (both currently for sale) the tax rate were virtually identical based on the purchase price/appraisal. Both homes are currently listed for 200-300K more than they paid in the last 2 years.

Last edited by City Guy997S; 01-10-2018 at 09:42 AM..

Old 02-06-2018, 06:42 AM

6 posts, read 15,162 times
We live in Royal Palm Polo and tons of young kids!

Old 07-18-2018, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,587 times
Weez747.
I just came across your post and I’m in a similar position.. we just moved from Long Island NY last week in Boca and looking to buy.. and we have really liked The Oaks new homes under construction by Richmond Homes.. Seven Bridges I do like but it comes under Delray Beach which I’m not too happy about.. Royal Palms I did like but I’m not happy about no restaurant in the community and found it very quiet. Just wondering what was your final decision and thoughts about this ??

Old 08-16-2018, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,528 times
Weez747
Just wondering if you ever moved from NY and where you chose? We Are in Philadelphia and considering moving down to that area and have looked at those communities. Would be interested in your thoughts on schools and the communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach